Lt. Commander
First off, I've been back playing since STO went F2P and have to say I'm really enjoying my time in-game - can't say the same for my Beta Testing time...lag

I have noticed that over the past day or so - since the last patch? - that my ship has some black areas on it - they are well placed and look quite good - and so do some other peoples ships. However great voids of black on base floors don't look anywhere near as good. Is this a known issue, is there a fix for it?

Also, with regard to a ships bridge...what is the value/benefit of buying a new layout for the bridge? I have done so twice but don't seem to get anything for my 1000 credits. Am I missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Visit your bridge after you purchase a new one. The only problem is there's no reason to ever visit your bridge again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Ok, and now for the newb part - how do I visit my Bridge?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaalryzian
Ok, and now for the newb part - how do I visit my Bridge?
The option to visit your bridge can be found from the drop down menu on the bottom right corner of your minimap.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Ok, thanks

And the texture issue fixed itself after dropping to DX 9 and getting out of the game, and then restarting it.
Lt. Commander
Found the menu option, thanks. Visited my ships interior and I have to say that I agree with the other posts on the subject, that its an entirely under-whelming experience.

I was APPALLED to find that the Bridge didn't even have the ship's Commissioning Plaque! They've gone to all the trouble to give us an interior to aimlessly wonder around in but they've omitted the Plaque.

Its also a bit sad that we go to all the trouble to design Our and Bridge Officers Uniforms, and then the rest of the crew wear drab standard issue kit.

The Captains uniform should become the ships' crew uniform template.

I also didn't get saluted once! I'm the Captain and an Admiral no less...

Oh and one more thing, the shelves in the Ready Room - I would have thought that there would be more than 2 available, there is the space. Also that the Ships available would include your own previous ships

Well thats my 5c worth...back to blowing things up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaalryzian
First off, I've been back playing since STO went F2P and have to say I'm really enjoying my time in-game - can't say the same for my Beta Testing time...lag

I have noticed that over the past day or so - since the last patch? - that my ship has some black areas on it - they are well placed and look quite good - and so do some other peoples ships. However great voids of black on base floors don't look anywhere near as good. Is this a known issue, is there a fix for it?

Also, with regard to a ships bridge...what is the value/benefit of buying a new layout for the bridge? I have done so twice but don't seem to get anything for my 1000 credits. Am I missing something?
Do you have your video settings on DirectX 11? If so, change it back to DirectX 9. DirectX 11 support is still a work in progress, and some lower resolution textures are still missing.

The ship bridge and layout are two separate things. Changing the bridge changes how your bridge looks when you visit it, changing the layout changes the way the hallways and other locations such as Ten Forward are placed inside your ship when you visit the crew and engineering decks of your ship by taking the turbolift from your bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Thanks ainu, I'll if dropping back to DX 9 and see how it looks.

Re the Bridge, see my previous post for next newb question
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Changing back to DX9 has not fixed it. I also can't seem to get a 'clean' screenshot to show what I'm talking about either...will continue to try in various locations.