Lt. Commander
# 1 The Hegemony Strikes Back
02-02-2012, 04:38 PM
This is the continuation of "Here Today, Gorn Tomorrow".

Title: The Hegemony Strikes Back
Author: Maziken
Project ID: ST-HDHQAL6TK
Faction: Klingon
Level: Any

"This continuation of "Here Today, Gorn Tomorrow" sees the Gorn Hegemony launching an all-out assault on the Federation Outpost in the Ker'rat System. Only a few light years from Deep Space K-7 and Federation support, will you help the Gorn retaliate for the loss of their colonists in the Alhena System?

This mission requires reading of the dialog in order to solve the puzzles."
Lt. Commander
# 2 Wrong Post
02-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Wrong Post...
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maziken
This is the continuation of "Here Today, Gorn Tomorrow".

Title: The Hegemony Strikes Back
Faction: Klingon
Level: Any

"This continuation of "Here Today, Gorn Tomorrow" sees the Gorn Hegemony launching an all-out assault on the Federation Outpost in the Ker'rat System. Only a few light years from Deep Space K-7 and Federation support, will you help the Gorn retaliate for the loss of their colonists in the Alhena System?

This mission requires reading of the dialog in order to solve the puzzles."

Thanks in advance again!
Klingon Mission - The Hegemony Strikes Back
Allegiance: Klingon

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission in the series with good map design, glorious battles, and great story dialog. I would highly recommend this mission to anyone who likes great map design combined with a good story and glorious battles. I would definitely recommend this mission to anyone who likes a great story, good maps and glorious battles. This is the mission for you.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good detailed description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialog: This is an intriguing dialog. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The post "Grant Mission" dialog with the councilman; consider changing "Word of your victory of the Federation" to read "Word of your victory over the Federation".

Mission Task: Normally I would say the location of "Councilman S'kopa should be included in the task, but in this case his location is indicated on the "Qo'noS: First City" map. Perhaps to aid those picking up the mission from outside the Qo'noS you could add "in the First City" to the end of the current text in the "Map Mission" field. Consider adding the sector location of the "Kerírat System" to the second mission task just in case the player doesnít have a star chart available like I do. The STO map doesnít indicate systems unless you are in that sector block.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Kerírat System: This is a great map design. The story dialog is well written. I like the placement of the various enemy ships. If you are careful you can avoid them. A cloak doesnít hurt either. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The BOFF giving the "Tactical" report and all subsequent initial reports is given by my "Engineering" BOFF. This seems unusual for the range of reports.
-The BOFF initial report dialog; consider changing "Federation has build two smaller" to read "Federation has built two smaller".

Federation Outpost Level 3: This is a really good map design. The story dialog is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-At least one of the Federation Officers in the first room is labeled "UGC Contact".
-When "Raising the Force Field" it only encompasses two of the Federation Officers in the room.
-One of the force fields cuts right through the second console to the left when you enter the room.
-The last set of consoles on the south wall to the left of the south door is not all lined up. I only noticed it because those are the consoles used to unlock the door.

Federation Outpost Level 2: This is a good map design with good optional engagements. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog. I noted one item to take a look at:
-If you select the "We could just kill them" response it seems to end the level. Is that the same with the other response button? It becomes clear when you get to the next map but you might want to put in some dialog that explains that instead of just ending the map tasks.

Federation Outpost Level 2 Secured: This is a good map design and you did a good job explaining the question I had from the previous map. The story dialog was well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Federation Outpost Level 1: This is a good map design with glorious battles. The story dialog is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Kerírat System Gorn Occupied: This is a good mission wrap map design. The story dialog is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a good job with the story and this is a great sequel in the series.
Brian

This critique report also filed 02/05/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Hmmm that one button shouldn't have ended the map tasks, at least it didn't when I tested it in the Foundry. I'll have to check it out now and see what is going wrong.

Thanks for your review!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Hmmm that one button shouldn't have ended the map tasks, at least it didn't when I tested it in the Foundry. I'll have to check it out now and see what is going wrong.

Thanks for your review!
I thought it felt a little odd. I went ahead and engaged the enemy forces in the storage room. Then went to Engineering where I triggered the map change.

Glad I could help. Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Okay, I have updated the mission to fix the UGC Contact errors and spelling mistakes. I think I also fixed the Outpost Level 2 map if you choose to kill the enemies in the locker room. I had a dialogue tree that wasn't triggering properly after the enemies were dead. This tree tells the player what to do next. Gonna test it out tonight!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Okay, I have updated the mission to fix the UGC Contact errors and spelling mistakes. I think I also fixed the Outpost Level 2 map if you choose to kill the enemies in the locker room. I had a dialogue tree that wasn't triggering properly after the enemies were dead. This tree tells the player what to do next. Gonna test it out tonight!
Glad I could help. Thanks for authoring.
Brian