Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Ship Request Thread
02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
So, I see we have a Costume Request Thread. Figured we might do with a Ship Request Thread. I did message a DEV about this back the other day, though haven't had any response back from him/her. If there is a problem with such a thread, it can be closed, but until then...

Number #1 - The Vulcan Sotek (Heavy Cruiser) ~ http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/...2/120340_2.jpg With the D'kyr being as ancient as it is, I'm surprised the developers went ahead with it in the first place. STO takes place in the 25th century, and we're given 22nd century vessels?

Number #2 - The Andorian Miklon (Heavy Cruiser) ~ http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/...2/120339_3.jpg I've seen requests for an Andorian vessel, and I'd like to see one too, though (as with above) it would be nice to have something different from 22nd century design.

Number #3 - The Cardassian Hendor (Warship) ~ http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/...2/120363_1.jpg Something to allow for the Cardassian faction (NPC or otherwise) to truly stand out. Could be built on par with the Voodieh / Negh'Var.

Obviously these are just examples, the credit for them would have to first be acquired and the models created.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Good idea, but unfortunately they've explicitly said they are not allowed to use fandesigns for legal reasons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Grea thread, even thought loads have been made, would be great if a dev made this permanent so here is my list of ships to see in the game:-

1) http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com...al-e-small.jpg

2) http://julalien.files.wordpress.com/...helinecent.jpg

3) http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com...pg?w=665&h=285

4)http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Dauntless

So far these are what I can think of at the moment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-08-2012, 04:29 PM
If we already have the NX, Constitution, Excelsior, Galaxy, Sovereign and now the Odyssey classes why don't we have the Ambassador class so we can complete most of the Enterprise line up? It could even be one of the skins for the exploration cruiser.

I also support the NX refit and the introduction of more ships from Federation members And if we have the NX replica why wouldn't we have the Daedalus class which would be more recent in the Trek universe then the NX.

Some small one nacelle ships would be nice, could function as scouts and more shuttles types wouldn't hurt either.

I think there are too few ships in this game for how huge its universe is, plus adding a lot more ships in the C-Store would bring in more money.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianr1987
If we already have the NX, Constitution, Excelsior, Galaxy, Sovereign and now the Odyssey classes why don't we have the Ambassador class so we can complete most of the Enterprise line up? It could even be one of the skins for the exploration cruiser.

I also support the NX refit and the introduction of more ships from Federation members And if we have the NX replica why wouldn't we have the Daedalus class which would be more recent in the Trek universe then the NX.

Some small one nacelle ships would be nice, could function as scouts and more shuttles types wouldn't hurt either.

I think there are too few ships in this game for how huge its universe is, plus adding a lot more ships in the C-Store would bring in more money.
Well yes and no. We do have the standard sovereign class not the refit. Ambassador as a ship itself yes as a skin NO!.

There have been so many refits except for the ones I have added on my list.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
We do have the standard sovereign class not the refit. Ambassador as a ship itself yes as a skin NO!.
I know we have only the standard Sovereign for now.
I would also prefer the Ambassador as a stand alone ship but if nothing else, a skin is good too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Ok I have to ask as I am sure I have never seen her before Whats up with the XCV I might like to her as an npc ship in a mission to the past but atm thats about it and yes I would love to see the Argo.

*I might use this as a placeholder for ships I would like to see
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBishop
Ok I have to ask as I am sure I have never seen her before Whats up with the XCV I might like to her as an npc ship in a mission to the past but atm thats about it and yes I would love to see the Argo.
The Enterprise XCV 330 first appeared in TMP and was one of a few background pictures in a scene where all the famous previous Enterprises were shown. It later appeared in other Trek shows again among the early pioneering ships.

Strictly speaking it's semi-canon as it never appeared as a functioning ship or at least verbally comfirmed in any of the shows except for those pictures.

The design itself was most likely made for another of Roddenbery's projects which got scrapped and was later adapted for Trek.

And yes as an ingame ship it's utility would be limited but it would still awesome to be able to take it for a spin.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-09-2012, 12:16 AM
A pic or two would have helped those who don't know what The XCV is.

Here's a pic from the movie:

http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content...irst_movie.jpg

and here's a nice render:

http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...l_2011r011.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Good idea, but unfortunately they've explicitly said they are not allowed to use fandesigns for legal reasons.
Whilst I can understand their reasons, surely if fan designers give their full permission, then there can't be any legal issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianr1987
If we already have the NX, Constitution, Excelsior, Galaxy, Sovereign and now the Odyssey classes why don't we have the Ambassador class so we can complete most of the Enterprise line up?
I must admit, I was surprised to not see the Ambassador. I'd have expected her to be in the current place of the Galaxy, having her an Exploration Cruiser. Keep the Galaxy in their of course, get rid of one of the other two in place of the Ambassador and then reshuffle them. Simples.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:03 AM.