Lt. Commander
Is there a way to turn off the messages that appear whenever a player is awarded with a "Cardassian vessel" (or whatever it says). It happens when every player in my instance achieves that item, and is very distracting. Seems to only have started in the past week or 2.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Yeah, it's been annoying me a lot too, and I've also been wondering if there was an option to turn them off.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2012, 10:36 AM
You can use "Rearrange HUD" and move the "Notifications" box to the far reaches of your screen. Sadly I doubt they will ever remove these horrid messages.

The initial thought was that if you turn off System Messages in all of your chat tabs they will vanish, but that's not the case. All that does is mute the important messages that use that channel and these horrific things still go through.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 11:25 AM
please get rid of those messages. nobody cares who got an ugly kardashian ship
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 11:41 AM
These messages are very irritating. Its more like spam than system notifications.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage27
You can use "Rearrange HUD" and move the "Notifications" box to the far reaches of your screen. Sadly I doubt they will ever remove these horrid messages.

The initial thought was that if you turn off System Messages in all of your chat tabs they will vanish, but that's not the case. All that does is mute the important messages that use that channel and these horrific things still go through.
That's perfect, and so simple, thanks for reminding me. But still, the messages are redundant, I'd rather see my own and not everyone elses.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin007
That's perfect, and so simple, thanks for reminding me. But still, the messages are redundant, I'd rather see my own and not everyone elses.
It's not totally perfect, though, as this notification area is also used for ... well... real notifications! Like when your DOFF missions are done, or when you accomplish something, etc...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2012, 05:11 PM
What's more annoying is in the middle of an STF or Defera invasion, when people roll on items. You get a good pocket of rollable items, the entire screen can become nearly blocked by the messages.