Lt. Commander
# 1 2800 Failure No Success yes
02-12-2012, 07:28 AM
All i have seen since the FE went live are people complaining about it well why not take a moment to look at what was good

Good characters i loved the Gorn and the Vorta, shes going to get a punch in the face from me i instantly hate her.
I loved the having to break out of DS9 and escape and having runabouts and turrets help you in defending DS9

I liked how that annoying scotish commander who didnt got you to run around telling the Ambassadors about the delay got murdered by that steroid abusing Jem Hadar soldier (he was massive all i can picture now is having to fight him Indiana Jones style, Kirk drop kick )

I also liked how you didnt win. there wasnt a happy ending that i liked a lot.

sure there were bits and bobs that could have done with a bit of a rethink or a bit of polish before it came out but all i can think of now is whats going to happen next week

so share what was good about it and what you liked rather than saying it was rubbish because it wasnt
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 07:42 AM
I agree. I enjoyed the mission as well.

I didn't have too much problems with the Voice overs. I was really impressed with the Gorn's one. The background Gorn hiss was cool.

Had nice atmosphere. Neat optional missions.

The combat was rather tame, but it is the start of a 5 part story so I imagine the others will make up for it. Overall I was impressed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2012, 07:55 AM
most of the issues are team rleated, I played it 3 times yesterday and didn'T enountered any problems in solo play.

Though there are some bugs like the engi kits not working. Overall it was the best opener for the FE till now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
most of the issues are team rleated, I played it 3 times yesterday and didn'T enountered any problems in solo play.
Same...

I played it twice on two for my characters solo with no issues.

Teamed up with a friend and one bug and annoyance after another to the point we broke team and soloed it and no problems after that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Folks are complaining about the voice overs? I suppose those are the ones that never played TOR. I think the VO acting in this Episode was pretty good comapred to some of the stuff I have heard in my day.

I liked the story, and the space action was excellent. I did manage to die a few times in my Oddyssey, which is odd considering I did quite well in my Bortas with my loadouts and crew very similarly done.

This happened during the initial launch from DS9 where you have to destroy the ships and get clear prior to defending the other ships. Somehow, I ticked off all of the battle cruisers and the dreadnought. When you die, the respawn point is right back on top of DS9. With all of those ships still sitting there, so they immediately aggro you again and you end up getting blown up.

By the way, I thought that Loriss was HAWT. I can see me doing other things than punching her ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 12:21 PM
That comment about Loriss almost made me forgot.

Notice she's wearing some of the same off-duty clothing (guess the Dominion likes Alpha Quadrant fashion). Just wondering when we will get to see new clothing design?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2012, 12:28 PM
I liked it, but I do think there was a bit more running around than I would have liked.

I hope they don't turn all these episodes into diplomatic dialog things.

I want a lot of action, it is a game after all, I want lots of ground and space action in each episode.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2012, 01:18 PM
just out of curiosity, is the scottish cmdr supposed to be a referance to the girl in dr who? cuz shes a red headed scottish person that has the same first name as the actress from dr who
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2012, 08:24 AM
I can't really say anything much. This missions didn't leave any kind of impression in me. Maybe it was too short, maybe I just hyped through it expecting something new and very very fun. Maybe I need to play through it again on Advanced difficulty. I don't say it was VERY easy but on Normal it was quite a walk in the park. I think I've spent more time doing that regular mission in Bajor thinking that its a next chapter lol, than the new FE chapter.

I'll deff replay it on Advanced, get the box of consumables and maybe another Jem'Hadar weapon. It was fun. I didn't like much running around on ambassadors' errands sicne you get no reward for those whatsoever, but I did like the conference part which I failed half of Ambassadors lol. My Diplomacy wasn't high enough to talk 2 of them into participating. So I guess I still have some time until this weekend to get it all right.

I hope that this story will exponentially rise in fun. beginning was so so even though fun. But there is fun when you can't take your eyes off of the monitor and fun that you just giggle a bit through. This one the latter to me. I wish I couldn't keep my eyes off, but it wasn't all that interesting and involving. I think story lacks, but we'll see how it all progresses and ends. Can't create a final impression about the whole thing if you only did the very beginning. For what it was - was fun enough for me to go back and do it again, but this time I'll def skip the optional side-quests.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Yeah overall I was impressed. I believe this mission set up a good setting for the rest of the series to take place in. The VO's were really nice I thought although the girl sounded like a fake Scottish accent (I am from England and I never heard any Scottish person sound like that). She did sound a lot like the people from Voyager’s episode “Fair Haven”. Also on the ground map when you had to get to your ship all the debris on the ground could be moved around although it made the game a little bit laggy at times. The space part was fun fighting the Dominion. Overall verdict 8 out of 10.