Lt. Commander
How about some feature episodes that deal with the base that this game started with. You know that supposed war between the Feds and the Klinks.

Yet here again time to team up, seems like the feds and klinks fight everyone else but each other.

Voice overs weak and uninspiring, so far the only good thing I see from F2P is the new flagship, but then again it was chosen and dressed up by Cryptic but not envisioned.

I like star trek, and I like the concept of a star trek mmo, but I am really starting to dislike Cryptics version of star trek.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 04:26 AM
I think the idea is that over "time" (since time doesn't really pass in STO, I mean over the course of the pve missions) Klingons and the Federation start cooperating and fighting less. Both can see that there are much bigger threats than each other, like the Undine, Borg, Dominion and Iconians. Once more storyline missions are added, I think its pretty likely that the Khitomer Accords will be signed for the third time.

Some MMOs, after unning for a few years, advance the storyline to keep up. Probably wishful thinking, but I could see Cryptic waiting until the third anniversary, and then advancing the year to 2412, with new sets of missions to complete. If they ever revamp leveling, they left plenty of loose threads hanging. I could see them opening up a Dominion Front, Iconian Front (or Iconian FE) and expanding the Borg/Undine front with more storyline content.

As I said, wishful thinking. We'll probably get a Borg Cube in a lock box before a storyline revamp.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Riker
As I said, wishful thinking. We'll probably get a Borg Cube in a lock box before a storyline revamp.
ha ha ha
Don't give them ideas. I'd throw money at that, at least for a little bit. The ridiculousness alone is great.

All kidding aside, the storyline missions seem to find ways to point out that forces are pulling the strings to motivate the KDF/Fed war, making them the current focus. Though it's also true that the Dominion was a large enough threat to pull even the Romulans into working with the Federation and Klingons, so them coming back definitely puts a hold on it.

Another take on it may be to consider PvP the real emphasis of the ongoing conflict with PvE as the times when the factions are forced to cooperate for the greater good of the quadrant.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceberg View Post
How about some feature episodes that deal with the base that this game started with. You know that supposed war between the Feds and the Klinks.

Yet here again time to team up, seems like the feds and klinks fight everyone else but each other.

Voice overs weak and uninspiring, so far the only good thing I see from F2P is the new flagship, but then again it was chosen and dressed up by Cryptic but not envisioned.

I like star trek, and I like the concept of a star trek mmo, but I am really starting to dislike Cryptics version of star trek.
Well, Klingons and Federation shouldnt fight in the first place.
The story should move into the future, not into the past, and the Klingon/federation-conflict is in canon prety much over for a while, a pulled-out-of-the-a** reason for a war given by the path-to-timeline doesnt make the backtracking any good.