Lt. Commander
Quote:
Foundry Challenge #1 : Conundrum on Risa
This is the comments thread for Foundry Challenge #1 : Conundrum on Risa.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Please add the winner of this and any future challenges to the list of Foundry Spotlight missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
the murder of a Stahlonian diplomat
LOL

I can't wait to play them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Please add the winner of this and any future challenges to the list of Foundry Spotlight missions.
... I played the winner ... really should not go on tyhe spotlight page sorry
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
... I played the winner ... really should not go on tyhe spotlight page sorry
What didn't you like about the mission? Too long? Not enough combat? Bad dialog? I tried looking for your review on my list of reviews for my mission but I wasn't able to see where you left any feedback at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maziken
What didn't you like about the mission? Too long? Not enough combat? Bad dialog? I tried looking for your review on my list of reviews for my mission but I wasn't able to see where you left any feedback at all.
Your mission was great and I think it does deserve to be spotlighted..

That doesn'\t mean I wouldn't go over it and try and make it better.
Maybe some things to look at since we're not on the clock to finish it.
1. Maybe add in some optional missions that connect with the mission to give a deeper background. Like the Ferengi backstory or some Stahlonian history backstory or even a side rondeyvous with an orion girl.
2. Throw in some trigger effects to keep things unexpected. Trigger people beaming people coming down to Risa- not even aware of the killing or a random barfight because of drunk patrons- anything really to make the world completely alive.
3. You could also put in a few optional battles for people who like more combat. Maybe have someone say that they were robbed and if you can get the stuff back from the gang you took it.

Again, these are just fillers. You have a great mission and its good to see that people continue to keep playing them.

PS- if you do add things, post it so that I can run through it again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maziken
Look I am really sorry - don't mean to come across as a pr!ck :p. Nothing personal it just wast my cup of tea. I didn't want to criticize your mission in detail, but I don't think its suitable for the Spotlight section.

I was not a fan of the dialogue mainly with too many 1-line dialogue boxes. I am sure you put in a lot of work. But I feel that the Foundry Spotlight section should be kept for some real polished 5-star stories. Having said that, I personally don't like 'The Longing - RachelGarrett', but I really love 'The Syndicate Extraction - Galactrix'

That's just me though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Look I am really sorry - don't mean to come across as a pr!ck :p. Nothing personal it just wast my cup of tea. I didn't want to criticize your mission in detail, but I don't think its suitable for the Spotlight section.

I was not a fan of the dialogue mainly with too many 1-line dialogue boxes. I am sure you put in a lot of work. But I feel that the Foundry Spotlight section should be kept for some real polished 5-star stories. Having said that, I personally don't like 'The Longing - RachelGarrett', but I really love 'The Syndicate Extraction - Galactrix'

That's just me though.
I understand that, but if you don't give Foundry authors feedback on their missions, then we won't get better. You need to tell us what you like and what you don't like so that we can incorporate different players' likes into future missions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Great Idea! I can't wait.

We would has a separate competition .....

Design your Stahlonian
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Q: Anything here to prevent a fleet from voting up their magic console mission?