Lt. Commander
When in MVAM, the two sections won't move out harm's way when a ship blows up after going critical, i.e., borg cubes. But it's not just the borg cubes, honestly, it's all ships that blow up. The two sections are kinda useless if they don't move out quickly and to top it all off, the modes are on a long CD.

First and foremost, I just want the two sections to move out of the way of a ship going critical on their own plain and simple.

It might not be that simple, ok, this is what I propose:

Option A, another MMO out there, I won't mention it's name, had this exact same problem (and yes, this is a damn problem) with a class that used pets and to correct it their devs just gave the pets 90% resistence against AoE damage, all types.

I think that should be the case here as well.

Ok, option B, reduce the CD of all MVAM's to 5 seconds or just remove it. I can hear it now "WAT R U TINKING??? DA CD IZ LIK 10 MINZ AND U WANT IT DOWN 2 LIK 5 SECS??? R U NUTZ???" No, I'm not nuts or crazy or anything of the sort, I just want this to be fixed. I think it would be an interesting level of gameplay for this ship to recall and redeploy MVAM quickly if the two sections are in danger of receiving high AoE damage, but obviously we can't because of the insanely long CD it has. Why is it so long anyway? Would this ship be overpowered with a short CD on MVAM? The modes already grant a slight nerf when in MVAM, a long CD is not needed.

Fix this, please don't leave it like it is.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Yes I play a hunter in that game you won't mention buy I see a better option. Oddly enough from the hunter.....and the carrier

When I played the S5 beta (doffs) my KDF had a Vo'quv Carrier. It has a few commnds for the "pet" ships
why not just use those commands for the "pet" sections

Granted that said a 4th row would be ideal in attack bar

Commmands:
Patrol (spread out, attack enemy when found)
Attack Current Target
Defend Current Target
Alongside (come to within 5km of player-controled section)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
Yes I play a hunter in that game you won't mention buy I see a better option. Oddly enough from the hunter.....and the carrier

When I played the S5 beta (doffs) my KDF had a Vo'quv Carrier. It has a few commnds for the "pet" ships
why not just use those commands for the "pet" sections

Granted that said a 4th row would be ideal in attack bar

Commmands:
Patrol (spread out, attack enemy when found)
Attack Current Target
Defend Current Target
Alongside (come to within 5km of player-controled section)
The commands would be a perfect addition to the MVAM, in lieu of everything else. In other thoughts, I don't think the end is near...not yet...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2012, 02:47 PM
YES!! I just got the MVAM myself and I have to say I am mortified by the lack of ability that I am not given to direct what my ship halves are doing. I sent a support ticket but I don't even think they are registering. Either way I am 100% to doing ideas along these lines please.

If it's just as simple as a regroup button, fine. But watching them explode with a dead ship is..well, read above.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Ill 3rd that. i am also disaapointed at the lack of control over the other sections of MVA-E when controlling it. i mean a simple offensive / defensive button would be good.

or a follow me or Free roam button

Also annoying is when i brake off combat and my 2 halve stay in there fighting without me instead of heading out fo range ( Very few ships will follow you 12Km from fighting zone )

Worst is when you Full impulse to 20km from combat and watch them fight alone then when they win they just sit there 20KM away and you fly upto them & they never react or move (only attack if something comes into range) until i Reform up.

If this ship was tested so long as it APPARENTLY was how can it be so buggy & silly to use.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2012, 03:48 PM
/sign

In STFs, I've experimented with the pets that seem to want to hump the enemies they're attacking. I've waited until the enemy is down to about 25%, and I've clear my target and the sections will slowly make their way back to me.

It works and they don't get the f blown up, but of course I'm not attacking. The AI definitely needs some tweaking and I'd prefer some commands so I can actually set a target to attack and at least a retreat. So hopefully someone out there is listening.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2012, 11:33 PM
How about another engineer console and replace the ensign tact and give it to the engineer to make a lt commander.

Or would that be overpowering this ship.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2012, 12:10 AM
With the Devs apparently trying to push more of these pet ships into to the game (+1 Odyssey, Dreadnaught saucer sep) I'm hoping that they would add better pet controls at around the same time the ships were released.... Although I won't hold my breath for that to happen, but hey I can dream..

With the MVAM now, I've learned that if I use them on A cube, it's A one way trip for them as they will hug the dang thing till it explodes...dummies... Otherwise I've kinda gotten the hang of leading them away from explosions but it's still A headache. >:/

If they don't improve the pets and just add the new ship versions, I don't see the logic for it other than for the money grab because they will just have the same dumb pets as the current pet ships.

More ships with suicidal pets = More ****ed off captains :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Just a note, many carrier strike craft also often like to hang out inside explosions like the MVAM pets. The commands are nice, for sure, but they still have bugs (e.g. recall makes them stick to you and then ignore other orders, unless that was fixed recently).