Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey there - i've done some research in regards to having a good Cruiser Build as a Tac Captain.
Currently using the Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser and I think mayb i'm fast tracking throught the game a bit because I really want the Sovereign Class . I am however willing to wait untill I have a deffinate idea as to what my setup should be like.

So My setup is as follows:

Captain Skills so far

Tac
Starship Attack Patters 6
Starship Weapons Training 6
Starship Energy Weapons 6
Starship Projectile Weapons 6
Starship Manuevers 6
Starship Targeting Systems 6

Engy
Driver Coil 3
Starship Batteries 6
Starship Hull Repair 6
Structural Integrity 6
Starship Subsystem Repair 3
Starship Warpcore Efficiency 6
Starship Electro Plasma Systems 6
Starship Impulse Thrusters 6
Starship Warp Core Potential 6

Sci
Starship Shield Emitters 6
Starship Power Insulators 6
Starship Shield Systems 6

Current Boffs in use:

Lt. Commander Tac Station..................................Interchan geable with my other Tac Officer - Klingon
Beam Target Engines 1........................................Tactical Team 1
Beam Overload 2................................................. .Torpedo Spread 2
Beam Fire at Will 3 - Limited Due to Station.........Torpedo High Yield 3 - Limited Due to Station
Attack Pattern O 3 - Limited Due to Station..........Attack Pattern D 3 - Limited Due to Station

Lt. Commander Sci Station...................................Intercha ngeable with my other Sci Officer
TSS 1................................................. ...................Polarize Hull 1
Jam Sensors 2................................................. .....Mask Energy Signature 2
Scramble Sensors 2 - Limited Due to Station.......Photonic Shockwave 2 - Limited Due to Station
Viral Matrix 3 - Limited Due to Station..................Gravity Well 1 - Limited Due to Station

Lt. Commander Engy Station
Engineering Team 1
EPTS 2
Directed Energy Modulation 2 - Limited Due to Station
Aceton Beam 3 - Limited Due to Station

Commander Engy Station
EPS 1
Reverse Shield Polarity 1
Auxiliary to Structure 2
Eject Warp Plasma 3

For My Ships Setup:
Standard I guess... Fore - 2 Phaser Beam Arrays & 2 Photon Torpedo Launchers
Aft - 2 Phaser Beam Arrays & 1 Photon Torpedo Launcher

Consoles currently in use:
Tac Consoles
Photon Detination Assembly
High Yield Chamber

Sci Consoles
Emitter Array
Flow Capacitor

Engy Consoles
EPS Flow Regulator
Ablative Hull Armor
Polyduranium Alloy

..and a Full Complement of Batteries.

Sorry if this is way over detailed and long. Wanted to give as much info as I possibly could so I could b pointed in the right direction. I play mainly for PVE and my End Game Ship will more than likely be a Sovereign Class Assualt Ship. I prefer the space combat but i've gotten used to the ground aspect of the game as well.

Please Nit Pick away, I appreciate all forms of advice as long as its helpful advice.
I enjoy playing this game alot and sometimes find myself lost in it.
Lt. Commander
My apologies - didn't realize the info I posted was far as Boff Abilities were so jumbled. I've fixed that
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2012, 02:44 PM
For an assault cruiser, you will be limited to the Lt skills of tac and science BOs. Which means you won't be able to use any rank 3 tac or sci abilities. If you go with Oddysey, the universal LtCmdr station opens up some more possibilities for you. That said, I would personally...
  • replace 1 fore torpedo launcher with a beam array. As a cruiser, you will mostly be broadsiding anyway. No need for more than 1 torp launcher up front.
  • Replace target engines with target shields. Target shields is more useful IMO.
  • Replace mask energy signature with something else. It's pretty useless. I'd go with Hazard emitters.
  • If you want more damage, I would add 2 copies of emergency power to weapons. Perhaps replacing engineering team.
  • For your consoles, I would go with 2 phaser relays for tac. Replace 1 of your armors with Neutronium armor, and plan for Assimilated Module when you hit RA to go in your 4th eng console slot. You will want a Field Generator (mark XI) for one of your sci console slots.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Been wondering if mayb that Extra Torp Slot was a waste... appreciate the info thus far
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2012, 12:06 AM
For a good tac cruiser, the Excelsior is worth thinking about because of the Lt Commander Tactical BO Slot...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Appreciate the responses so far... dunno if i'll b able 2 afford an Excelsior tho...
I seem to b mre viable now than I was before thos post How r my skill sets tho? As far as my Captain Skills? Also as far as Ship Equipment sets, Breen, Aegis and so forth... which are mre viable... there's alotta mixed views on those as far as i've seen. Lastly what ships items actually change the look of ur ship?