Lt. Commander
# 1 Frustrating.
02-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Cryptic...

You have the basis of a great game here. I've had an active sub for quite some time now, and there's a lot I still like about the game, but after the past few days... I just can't get past the glaring reasons to quit paying my $15 a month.

1. BUGS! The bugs are getting WORSE, not better. Even stupid things, like NPC Ship Selectors de-rezzing on me every minute or two, as I'm sorting through things on my ship.

Then there's been the bug in which I change my weapon while in combat... and ALL my weapons stop working. Until exit out of the game and come back! It's ruined an STF for me and almost ruined an episode... all at the very end of each, after I invested 30 or so minutes into them.

2. Boxes and GOLD BOXES. The boxes are outrageously expensive to open... with pathetic rewards. So, I decided I wouldn't spend a dime opening them, until I got a gold one. Well, I got a gold one... and all I got was a stupid exp bonus.

An exp bonus? SERIOUSLY?! I can't even *use* that!

The gold boxes are so incredibly rare that I actually believed what they'd drop wouldn't be complete and utter crap. I was wrong!

NO MORE.

---

The game is getting too greedy, especially on players who are paying each month for very minimal benefits (or even worse, the lifetimers), and I will be thinking *long* and *hard* before I ever use the C-Store again after these escapades.

I love this game... I want to spend money on it... so stop being stupid and greedy, and fix the bugs already!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Just a heads-up?

If this is a thread about you quitting the game, it's gonna get closed by Cryptic as those kinds of threads aren't allowed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Well, I'm not "quitting." I'll still play.

I just have to be "won" back to paying a sub.

But thanks for the heads-up. I edited the title and the post a bit. I rarely post in the forums, I'm just really peeved about the direction the game is heading in... and I think it could so easily be fixed. Easily.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
Just a heads-up?

If this is a thread about you quitting the game, it's gonna get closed by Cryptic as those kinds of threads aren't allowed.
huh....i read nowhere that he was quitting, im guessing this is a case of your having a "Reading comprehension fail" he said he was cancelling his gold subscription.....cant blame him honestly....what you get for being gold seems like a rip, only reason I have gold, I got CE and DDE keys from a friend as a gift, so i got 30day gold status from them(at like 10bucks each, they give you 60+ bucks bennifits at current cstore prices each...well worth the cost)

and I agree with the OP, his complaints are valid, the games buggy as hell and has gotten worse in the short time i have been here, each patch seems to fix a hand full of bugs and create a bucket full of others.....painful to see honestly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Yeah.. I'm not trying to get banned. I even tried editing my title, just to tone it down a bit, but sadly it seems once it's live, while you can edit the title... you can't make the new version appear in the forum.

Oh well.

Suffice it to say, the game needs significant improvement to make it worth investing heavily into. I think the perks for being gold should be better, too. Just look at Cryptic's other game... with Gold status on Champions, you get some really great perks, including free-form characters.

All that said, I'd settle for a game that was showing improvement on the bugs and solved this "key" debacle in a way that satisfied the community. I feel as though this key debacle is right up there in infamy as with any MMO's more infamous moments.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2012, 04:55 AM
Actually "I Quit" threads arent against the forum rules..Had this confirmed by a CS response. However they can close any thread they feel like and they probably will close any thread that reflects negatively upon the game.

Basically, they can do as they feel and if you feel otherwise....tough luck.
Lt. Commander
# 7 derp
02-19-2012, 06:50 AM
I would advise not giving them any more money until they start listening to their customer base. They put things in like lock boxes instead of any end game content. Make all these money grabs fail, make them put meaningful things in for us to pay for.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Just a heads-up?

Peoples opinions are not allowed in the forums if it reflects poorly on the game?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArclightDC View Post
Peoples opinions are not allowed in the forums if it reflects poorly on the game?
Cryptic has no issues with people saying negative things about the game. What they have learned is that I Quit threads tend to lead to arguments and flames between those who quit and those who still like the game. Thus the I Quit threads get closed when they are discovered.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Just a heads-up?

You can't really quit a game that's free to play. You can stop paying the premium subscription and go free to play, like the OP is doing. And offer a post giving feedback as to why they are switching to silver.