Lt. Commander
# 1 MMOZine Previews STO
09-03-2009, 10:34 AM
The folks at MMOZine have previewed Star Trek Online in their latest issue. Download the PDF here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Great! Can't wait to see a pink Akira or a Red and black Sovereign. That's sooo trek. It should make the game much more cohesive and fun... oh and there are special nonstandard uniforms for sale!! Oh wow so we're not getting penny *****? Amazing

FAIL!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swc
Great! Can't wait to see a pink Akira or a Red and black Sovereign. That's sooo trek. It should make the game much more cohesive and fun... oh and there are special nonstandard uniforms for sale!! Oh wow so we're not getting penny *****? Amazing

FAIL!!!
Thank you!! Finally someone who is tired of Cryptic's ********! Rekhan, nothing personal, but you guys are just making things worse. Fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Thank you!! Finally someone who is tired of Cryptic's ********! Rekhan, nothing personal, but you guys are just making things worse. Fix it.
Normally i would never say anything like this and would be all about trying to calm everyone down and getting them to play nice, but WTF!!!!!! ARE YOU THINKING, CRYPTIC!!!? I can tell you right now that if it wasn't for the fact that this game is based on a series of series' that i grew up on i would cancel my subscription before the game even got to beta! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY GAMES I NEVER EVEN TRIED BECAUSE OF THIS CRAP!? Here we are ready to cough up our 15 bucks a month in order to play this game, and you decide that you are going to charge people for those little extra knick knacks that many other games give out for free JUST TO MAKE AN EXTRA BUCK HERE AND THERE! Whatever happened to going the extra mile to make a customer happy? Whatever happened to COMMON COURTESY!? Greedy @$$holes!
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemloor
Normally i would never say anything like this and would be all about trying to calm everyone down and getting them to play nice, but WTF!!!!!! ARE YOU THINKING, CRYPTIC!!!? I can tell you right now that if it wasn't for the fact that this game is based on a series of series' that i grew up on i would cancel my subscription before the game even got to beta! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY GAMES I NEVER EVEN TRIED BECAUSE OF THIS CRAP!? Here we are ready to cough up our 15 bucks a month in order to play this game, and you decide that you are going to charge people for those little extra knick knacks that many other games give out for free JUST TO MAKE AN EXTRA BUCK HERE AND THERE! Whatever happened to going the extra mile to make a customer happy? Whatever happened to COMMON COURTESY!? Greedy @$$holes!
People are crying over thing like this http://www.champions-online.com/store

They do nothing an all there here for is a say hay look at me. no state boost not buff with it so get over it. They have not told us that you will buy items that do buff or other in game items yet so un-less I see that I will be happy with it as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-03-2009, 12:00 PM
So, I think I may have misunderstood what was meant by "microtransactions". Is this something to do with a player-based economy, or does it mean that you'll be able to pay Cryptic $5 real-world currency for a new paint job on your ship?
Could somebody please fill me in?
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieFlatline_01 View Post
So, I think I may have misunderstood what was meant by "microtransactions". Is this something to do with a player-based economy, or does it mean that you'll be able to pay Cryptic $5 real-world currency for a new paint job on your ship?
you use Real cash to buy things like this http://www.champions-online.com/store

or Real cash for Cryptic online cash(This is not in game money )
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieFlatline_01 View Post
here ya go:

http://www.champions-online.com/store
http://www.champions-online.com/cryptic_points
Lt. Commander
# 9
Calm down guys geez, its just an artical from some blah blah guy, i've been more informed by the fokes on this forum than any artical i've read, typically its just a rehash of what we already know, yes MT will exist, Cryptic has had them in all there games. as quoted by another they wont be anything that disrupts the balance of the game like some of you are picturing from F2P games. They will be primarily cosmetic stuff, i understand some gripes about why cant i have that uniform but i dont see the big deal myself, we'll still have plenty of customization. And i also dont see the tricked out intriped happening either. theres plenty of the topics out already use the SEARCH.

back on topic i too believe this is just another issue of someone who has less information than this community. Take their opinions as that, opinions
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-03-2009, 01:12 PM
sssooooooooooooo...... is there going to be a logical reason as to why the federation and the Klingon defence force are allowing their captains to custom paint their ships and uniforms?????

This makes NO SENCE.

plus one of the reasons I like MMO's is that with a low monthly fee, your in a world where everyone is equal. (besides those who cheat and buy gold) and there is no difference between someone who has $20/mo of free spending money that he spends on the subscription, and someone who has hundreds of dollars to spend.

Micro-transactions gives those with superiority in wealth in RL superiority in customization in game. and this takes away from the equality and enjoyment of the MMO. its also not what Star Trek is about. Star Trek is about a society that has moved beyond money as a means to measure success. and Micro-transactions drags the whole game back a few centuries.

Your not sticking to the promise of making a universe that us Trek fans can experience a "TRUE" trek experience. Comon guys its not that hard.

Stick to the laws of Science Fiction. Make everything plausible. Make the game feel as if this could actually be the real future.

THIS IS NOT A FANTASY GAME ITS SCI-FI. no future society would allow captains to decide how their uniform will look, or the paint job of their ship, unless it directly pertains to a mission objective. Get real guys. My cryptic love meter drops even further for this one.