Lt. Commander
Today is the birthday of the first lady of Star Trek!

Although she is no longer with us, she will always be remembered with love.

I was born in the mid-80s, so really I was late to the Star Trek table by the time i was able to understand what it was all about. However, growing up watching The Next Generation from a young age there was always one guest character who I loved more than any of the other characters, and that was Lwaxana Troi.

Majel always without fail lit up the screen. She was beautiful, strong, witty, and most importantly warm.

When watching Majel and Marina there was never any doubt in my mind that she was Deannas mother. More than that, she played the role so convincingly that I always got the feeling when watching her she was my mother too!

Majels portrayal of Lwaxana will always be one of my favorites in Star Trek, and I will always remember and cherish her because of it.

Star Trek will never be the same without you.

Today is Majels day.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2012, 06:17 AM
what i remember most is the time she used for her betazoid character, Lwaxana Troi. Chasing after Picard with a perverse delight and Odo a little later. preying on the strong type of men they were and finding out they are nothing more then kittens to her, always brought a smile to my face when i see Picard's head poking out and looking around when he knows Lwaxana is nearby, classic .
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 06:23 AM
She always seemd to me like a really nice, charming person - and she did so much for Star Trek.

[ However, I found her character in TNG/DS9 to be REALLY, REALLY annoying, and I always died a little on the inside when I realized "this is going to be a Troy's mom episode". :p ]
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTWStephens View Post
She always seemd to me like a really nice, charming person - and she did so much for Star Trek.

[ However, I found her character in TNG/DS9 to be REALLY, REALLY annoying, and I always died a little on the inside when I realized "this is going to be a Troy's mom episode". :p ]
What? Even "Ménage à Troi", one of the funniest TNG episodes I can think of.... who can forget Picard having to woo Lwaxana from the grasp of the highly misguided Damon Tog?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Computer . . .
*doooo-doo*
Happy Birthday.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Computer . . .