Lt. Commander
# 1 why are klingons so weak
02-24-2012, 11:43 AM
i try to play my klingon char but all the time we get killed by things that the feds would have no problem with and when i fly my carrier the fighters never obey commands. when playing my klingon in the episodes we don't have enough missions. not only that but when we are in the space war zone i can fight feds 15 -23 lev under me and die without even denting there shields. tthe feds also have more tek then we do and in the stf missions the klingon ver of equipment we get suck. whats up with all that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Err, are you running Mark I stuffs?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Dont blame a Faction for poor performance, blame the person using the keyboard and mouse.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Just an observation but, what ship are you using, what equipment are you using, what doff set up are you using?
Just because your so many levels higher doesnt mean WIN, id suggest asking for some builds that work, because not to rain down or anything but it seems you dont have a very strong one tbh.
Not having enough missions, yes, everyone knows this, kdf content has never been a major draw for the true kdf players, if it were, there would be no kdf players at all. be lucky there is some, at launch there was virtually no content except pvp for the faction, and starting at level 5, that was somewhat, interesting.

feds have more tech? are you suggesting from the +1 ships or what exactly? both factions have the same amount of items available to them besides the +1 stuff, as far as anything rare goes, stfs, well theres more stuff coming for kdf side if i remember right but i could be wrong, at least it looks cool.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Ship Choice and BOff set-up.
Equipment in use.
Level.
Ground Crew set-up and kits being used.

Give us the info and we will attempt to help you overcome these difficulties.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 12:37 PM
first of all i am a lt gn and am using Mk XII equip and in a Kar'fi battle carrier. and have had this game when came out. the Klingon's have always Ben screwed on this game and something needs to be done about it. i set up my carrier just like my sovie on my fed and it does not hold were my sovie has no problem. i am sick and tired of Klingon's getting the bad end of all games. after all the Klingon's at the point and time of when this game sets place are equal to the feds in all areas.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 12:39 PM
It is your performance below the average not the KDF faction, with mark XII, even white quality, you can pack some heavy damage to something 23 levels below you.

If you are just whining then I beg pardon
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Look if all anyone is going to say is blame myself DON"T save your breath it's rude it's wrong and it don't help anyone. i posted this in hope's that someone would help out and get something done. maybe someone that works with the co. will see this thread and do something about the garbage but if they look and find people talking smack about Klingon's and vice versa nothing will be done. so leave the negative comments to yourself and help not only the Klingon's but the game in general.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroguy803 View Post
. i set up my carrier just like my sovie on my fed and it does not hold were my sovie has no problem.
This isn't really possible. The bridge officer loadouts are quite different, and you have one less weapon in the back on the carrier. Plus the carrier has varying options with its hangars. You assault cruiser has far more engineering options to survive, so perhaps you need to tweak your science choices to compensate (snares, tricks, etc.). The assault cruiser also has more engineering console slots, allowing for a significantly better defensive/resist set than the science slots of the Kar'Fi.

Don't get me wrong, I like both ships and fly the Kar'Fi, but the folks who are suggesting you may want to look into your tactics aren't jerks just because they are saying something it seems you do not want to hear. I am confident many folks will help if possible/you're receptive to it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroguy803 View Post
first of all i am a lt gn and am using Mk XII equip and in a Kar'fi battle carrier. and have had this game when came out. the Klingon's have always Ben screwed on this game and something needs to be done about it. i set up my carrier just like my sovie on my fed and it does not hold were my sovie has no problem. i am sick and tired of Klingon's getting the bad end of all games. after all the Klingon's at the point and time of when this game sets place are equal to the feds in all areas.
My suggestion would be to follow amidoingitright's suggestion of looking at his Kar'fi thread in the PvP section (I think).
Also the skills being used by you can be a factor in survival as well as the timing, but you should not be dying to a enemy that far below you in levels for any reason.
Also check what difficulty you have the game set to as well, just in case.