Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Greetings all,

I've bought points through the Steam wallet previously but now I seem to be having a problem. I paid and put the money on my Steam wallet right through the interface and everything went fine, but when it comes up to the screen where you have to authorize the transaction, and I click okay, I get a message stating "Transaction timed out. Please try again later." and everything disappears.

The money is now unfortunately locked in my Steam wallet, so I can't pay through the website anymore. So I need to get this to work. I looked at the support section on the site but I didn't see anything relevant, unless I'm missing something.

At any rate, after waiting a few minutes a message pops up saying, "You cancelled your transaction." and I can re-try buying the C-Points but the end result is the same.

Some help here would be grateful.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm having this same problem. Have purchased points before and it went fine, but now I get timed out. I contacted Cryptic support via chat, and a support person told me that this is a problem that's happening to a lot of folks right now, and she told me it has something to do with steam. I've since contacted steam as the support person suggested, and I have yet to hear back from them.

The last time something like this happened, The Steam Wallet had an outage of some sort. However, I'm sort of suspicious that this might be a side effect of the new game patch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Hrm. I figured this might be the case. I hope it gets cleared up quickly.
Lt. Commander
I'm having the same issue! GRRR!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Dangit cryptic i wanna spend monies!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
You guys might want to get in touch with Steam and see if the issue is on their side - as the second post in this thread seems to indicate.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 07:05 PM
same problem dis sux
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Bump! Fix it please!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Hell, I didn't know that you could use Steam Wallet with STO. I'll be taking advantage of that in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2012, 09:08 PM
I did this not to long ago, roughly a week ago and I was able to buy point using my steam wallet. Is the game you have installed a Steam Version or a Retail Version from a store (I.E. Wal_Mart, Game Stop, etc.)