Lt. Commander
# 1 Where did all the respect go?
02-28-2012, 09:27 PM
I was recently playing some warzones for the first time in a while. The second I appeared on the map, I was killed by a camper in the spawn zone. When i requested that I be left alone to do the warzone as there were other members of my faction shooting at the klingons, I was mocked, yelled at, told No, said i didn't have the right to play the game my way. Is it just me or if some asks to be left alone, shouldn't you just leave them alone?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Not when you willingly go into a PvP environment. You took the risk knowingly. Those people go in there to kill other players in-game, not to let people do what they please, that's what PvE is there for.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2012, 09:36 PM
1) I do not have ANY respect for spawn zone camping which these people where doing that is unacceptable to me in any regards.

2) your statement proves what i am saying...I have no issues if you want to go play around and kill each other in the warzone, but not everyone that goes into a warzone goes into kill other players, I go in to do the 3 warzones and get out, simple as that, I will respect everyones right to play the game as they please, but my right to play the warzones have to be respected too
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Spawn camping is definitely bad, but you can't expect not to get attacked in an open PvP zone. Requesting people not attack you is only going to draw attention to you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galen107 View Post
1) I do not have ANY respect for spawn zone camping which these people where doing that is unacceptable to me in any regards.

2) your statement proves what i am saying...I have no issues if you want to go play around and kill each other in the warzone, but not everyone that goes into a warzone goes into kill other players, I go in to do the 3 warzones and get out, simple as that, I will respect everyones right to play the game as they please, but my right to play the warzones have to be respected too
With all due respect, I was under the impression that War Zones ARE PvP zones, and that the idea was for the opposing faction to stop you from succeeding by whatever means was necessary.

That being the case, you have no sympathy from me when that is exactly what happens.

For the record, I HATE PvP. So I avoid where it occurs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Ker'rat was designed as an all-out, open warfare zone. If you warp into Ker'rat, you are announcing to players "I want to PvP with you", whether you realize it or not. Your desire to "play how I want" inside a PvP zone is akin to a pedestrian strolling out into the middle of an interstate highway, and then complaining when a car hits him. Just as highways are for high-speed traffic (and not pedestrians), Ker'rat is for PvP.

That being said, there is no reason for the name-calling I've seen on both sides of the faction divider. It's rather sad to see the same people I've fought alongside hurling insults at me just because I'm on the opposite faction. I'll agree with you that there should be a measure of respect from one player to another. But I don't agree that players in a PvP zone should be left alone. There's plenty of other missions you can play "your way" on. Ker'rat is not one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
I am not talking about ker'rat i was playing Otha...and I wouldn't care if they were trying to complete the mission as designed not just sitting there killing you off, I really don't care about dying, i care about respect, and if i watnt to complete the objectives and leave, I should be allowed to do it, just like if people want to sit aroudn in a warzone for hours and not do anything just kill each other, they should be allowed
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2012, 09:49 PM
You don't seem to be getting it.

The warzones are PvP environments. If you enter one, you are fair game. There is no "don't attack me, I'm just here for the mission".

If you can't deal with PvP, don't go into PvP zones. If you insist on going into warzones, be prepared to fend off other players, because that's the point.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
I am not talking about ker'rat i was playing Otha...and I wouldn't care if they were trying to complete the mission as designed not just sitting there killing you off, I really don't care about dying, i care about respect, and if i watnt to complete the objectives and leave, I should be allowed to do it, just like if people want to sit aroudn in a warzone for hours and not do anything just kill each other, they should be allowed
Bottom line is that you entered a PvP zone. Whether they spawn camped you or not is irrelevant. If you personally are not there to PvP, invite some friends along who can watch your back while you do your thing.

PvP happens, even honorless PvP, inside PvP zones. That's just how it is. Don't want to run the risk of getting ganked, don't go where ganking happens...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
By your own argument, if they want to sit around and spawn-camp, you should respect that. Asking them to not kill you is basically the same as them asking you to hold still while they shoot you would be.

What you seem to be missing is that War zones are open PvP zones which means the only rules that matter are what's possible. It's not "fair", it's not "polite". But it is what it is, and there are a lot of people who like that sort of gameplay. You didn't have to go into the war zone, but once you did you signed up for this sort of thing.