Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
I must say, I didn't know what I was missing, but after I upgraded my computer. WOW just WOW. I am running on max settings and it's like a whole new game to me. The effects I was missing out on is just another big WOW. lol I didn't go over my budget too much, but I was able to get everything I needed for under 700 us, not to bad for a pieced together gaming PC.

Oh and I can run on maxed setting with SWTOR too, that was the biggest test, my older computer couldn't keep the lag out, and I was running on low settings. Yes i am a very happy camper today.

BTW after that computer update I did, I had to rush off to get a new monitor. HEHE
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-29-2012, 07:41 AM
I was amazed at the graphics at max quality. I upgraded my PC and the game looks amazing now. I am currentley using a 42" HD LCD TV as my other monitor has gone wrong. I am runnng at 200hz refresh at full graphics with 5.1 surround sound. The sound quality is alot better now i can turn the high quality on but the 5.1 surround effect isn't all that good. I have a Soundblaster surround sound card too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-29-2012, 07:44 AM
i remember when i upgraded fairly early on and the change was amazing. the game is very beautiful at times, especially when you see the detail on the ships and the lighting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Operation: Gamma is actually very pretty. I took some amazing screenies while flying around the asteroids.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-29-2012, 08:07 AM
You get a good rig and Trek in my opinion b@&% slaps that other sci fi mmo into next year graphically.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-29-2012, 08:10 AM
I really wish they had cone this route graphically with champions as well. The game here looks great, but it would look amazing on that game as well. Especially with the finer details they add in when they can.