Lt. Commander
Demitri Stahl ;-) has confirmed in his Ask Cryptic that new playable races will be release at some point, I am assuming soon.

My question is will they introduce a C-Store Re-Species Token... I not only road pay to unlock the new species ( If I liked them and wanted to play one ) but I would pay to then Re-Species an existing Toon.

The reason I want to do this is I have many character I have spent a lot of time and money one grinding etc, so to do all that again... No way. I think choosing a charactor and species and playing content are two different thing and I hope Cryptic address this by introducing a C-Store Re-Species Token.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strorus
Demitri Stahl ;-) has confirmed in his Ask Cryptic that new playable races will be release at some point, I am assuming soon.
I wouldn't hold my breath.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strorus
LOLOLOL that was funny
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2012, 12:01 PM
A re-species token would be extremely nice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2012, 12:01 PM
WOW the ask Cryptic was up fast. I was expecting it next week or something.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2012, 12:09 PM
There is a huge difference in new playable races and new playable racial factions. Is it really mind blowingly new content that you can have a different looking face on a character if the entire game is exactly the same? Big whoop, you can now look ever so slightly different when people actually stop and take a close look after spending $20 in the store.

I will actually raise my eyebrow when they announce a new player faction as that would include faces, ships, quests, etc. They have starved this game of content for so long that some of you wet yourselves when the simplest of visual content is dumped in the store as if the game has been turned on it's head.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Payable or playable? *looks at thread title* :p I guess both.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't mind a race in-game that ends up paying me for servic--.

On second thought, maybe a payable race ISN'T a good idea. It borders on being dirty.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vironica View Post
I will actually raise my eyebrow when they announce a new player faction as that would include faces, ships, quests, etc. They have starved this game of content for so long that some of you wet yourselves when the simplest of visual content is dumped in the store as if the game has been turned on it's head.
There is already at least one new playable faction in the works: Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Hmmm, sounds interesting. Lets hope we aren't charged for these.