Lt. Commander
# 1 My Thoughts on Facility 4028
03-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I liked this mission for the most part. I really, REALLY digged the prison design (wonderful scaling on that set) and the holographic staff (definitely a good idea; no worries about guards sympathizing with inmates, etc.). The overall story was solid.

One thing I didn't like was the voice of the Founder. I realize it may have been cost prohibitive to get the original actress to voice the role (assuming she was willing to at all), but this person just sounded nothing like the Female Changeling we all know. It ended up being a distraction for the few lines she had. Personally, I'd either find someone who's voice more closely matches that of Salome Jens or remove the voice all together; but that's just me.

Nitpick: The Vorta and Jem'Hadar don't kneel before the Founder. They open their arms and bow their heads.

Still, despite those things the mission was enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2012, 02:19 PM
I enjoyed this as well except for it being too short, I played longer Cardassian storyline missions but I would give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. I was expecting a good space battle at the end, we just get to warp out without firing a shot? Now for the part that made no sense to me and maybe someone has some insight, why did all the holographic officers go offline after the break out? I thought that was the purpose of them, in an emergency there would be no loss of human life and they can take a ton of damage, thats the only inconsistency and yes it would have been nice to have Salome Jens for the Founder, and even Jeffrey Combs for Earun, he did awesome as Weyoun.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I think they went offline because some of Karukan's dudes knocked out the primary I.S.I.S. core.

Although it'd have been nice to have some on independent emitters show up- even if they don't help you, seeing them through forcefields would've been cool.

Something else I was disappointed in: No accolades for the mission. No reward for looking at all the inmates and their stuff, no different accolades for choosing the humane way of subduing the escapees vs just killing them all.

The fleet battle cutscene at the end could use work- like, actual combat of some sort. Instead it was just sorta... Eraun's bridge has textures this time around, but Karukan's is still largely untextured and looks kind of weird.

I did really like the environment- the facility was very nicely put together, and I liked that you could fall off the lightbridges to your doom. It would have been a bit better, I think, if whenever you went to an isolated block it wasn't *always* the middle block. I'd love to see more of that map though, especially from all those monitoring rooms and the like.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2012, 04:49 PM
While I thought it was ok, I was dissapointed. The mission was so short and to be honest I really didn't feel all that involved in what was going on. I talked to a few others in game who where happy that it was so short so they could get the rewards by replaying it fast. /shrug

I would give it a 6 out of 10
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2012, 08:58 PM
I honestly have one question and would love to have someone from Cryptic come back to me on this.

Do they research ANYTHING in depth before they write their stories? The Jem'Hadar depictions are just ridiculous and seem to continue here.

Here we have the Alpha of the Jem'hadar invasion fleet (A Gamma Jem'Hadar from 2376), he's TURNING ON A FOUNDER. This is the same type of jem'hadar from teh same era where they commit mass suicide before they'd harm a founder directly OR indirectly. The jem'hadar are genetically programmed not to harm them and yet this one is freely happy to sick his own men on them (again, 2376 hadar, so you cant say "25 years changes a lot of things"). This is almos as stupid as saying the Jem'hadar hatcheries are giant forcefield covered egg pits as opposed to their cannon depiction of the vat things that they found on DS9.

Add to that, starfleet doesn't have prison facilities like that, they have "reeducation" penal settlements like in New Zealand, or maximum security cells on starbases. Plus... well, yea like forcefield floors are going to stop a founder.

The entire 2800 series has been highly dissapointing, only one missionw as really worth playing (the first one), Of Bajor was patheticlly boring and mission gamma was just tedious.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2012, 11:03 PM
@count23:

While I agree with you totally on the Jem'Hadar part I have to disagree to you on the prison part.
Sure... in canon Starfleet is a peaceful organisation and all that, but in this game the Federation is at war with the Klingons, has a clash with the Romulans, the TruWay, now the Dominion itself and we don't have to forget the Undine and the Borg.

This can change things. In my optinion it is absolut necesarry for Starfleet to have a high security prison like that.

As said above, I absolutely have to agree on you on the Jem'Hadar part. This was a bad move from Cryptic. A Jem'Hadar would NEVER harm a founder.

On the mission itself: I enjoyed it mostly but the end. These "fight" cutscenes with static, not moving ships, etc.... sorry Cryptic... but that you could've done better. I never felt involved a single time during that cutscene and to be honest: It more was like silly. I asked myself "wtf? why aren't they moving? this must be a bug or somewhat.... or not?"
Well and yea... the Jem'Hadar trying to harm a founder... well... nah... no go!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2012, 02:59 AM
One of the shorter missions, loved the prison map reminded me of the prison from mass effect 2. also no accolades from this mission?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2012, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
Add to that, starfleet doesn't have prison facilities like that, they have "reeducation" penal settlements like in New Zealand, or maximum security cells on starbases. Plus... well, yea like forcefield floors are going to stop a founder.

The entire 2800 series has been highly dissapointing, only one missionw as really worth playing (the first one), Of Bajor was patheticlly boring and mission gamma was just tedious.
We have what here in NZ now???
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2012, 03:55 AM
I think they should have made it so you can re-lock the cell doors of the other prisoners that you can look at on your way to that founder lady.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
We have what here in NZ now???
In Voyager, Tom Paris is at a penal facility in New Zealand.