Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Kill death score
03-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Ok this is going to sound stupid on my part. I've been playing since beta but didn't pvp often until I started my sci escort. That led to playing a Tac BoP Kling. Now that I'm actually getting good at the pvp side of things and understanding game mechanics I should have been looking into way long ago the simplest of things is bugging me.
At the end of a pvp match where it shows the scorecard with your dam/heal +/- does the plus which I'm assuming is kills also take into accout assists or is that just how many kills you have alone. If it takes into account assists then where do I find my personnel kills for a pvp? This is the first time I've used the forums (that I remember at least going to check after this post)

-ash
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-05-2012, 12:56 AM
I think the final score counts for assists or proximity kills, where you're within a certain range. I'm total crap at space PvP and I never get a kill, but at the end of the match I have points. In ground PvP I'm pure healer most of the time, so my damage is always low but my healing is way high, and I'm often on top of the scoreboard in terms of points.

As far as personal kill count goes, I think you'll have to go through the chat log after the match is over and find any "<So and So> has been killed by <You>". That counts killing blows.

I think deaths is straight forward, however many times you die is shown under your negative column, but I may be wrong on that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-05-2012, 03:42 AM
There is no personal kill counter... doing dmg too someone means you will get credit for a kill if they buy it at some point in the match after you have damaged there hull. You can count the killed bys if you like... of course this isn't really all that accurate either all that means is you had the last piece of dmg needed to kill X person... so one person could have dmged them for 200k and you might have hit them with one torp for 1k and gotten the You have killed X person.

Honesty the only thing on the score board that counts for anything is the counter that counts your teams kills... if you get too 15 before they do you winz da score board.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-05-2012, 03:45 AM
Yes. Especially playing a full aux sci torp spreader you often don't get credit for kills from your sci magic alone. You can win a game 15-0 and only get 3 or 4 kills listed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-08-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
There is no personal kill counter... doing dmg too someone means you will get credit for a kill if they buy it at some point in the match after you have damaged there hull. You can count the killed bys if you like... of course this isn't really all that accurate either all that means is you had the last piece of dmg needed to kill X person... so one person could have dmged them for 200k and you might have hit them with one torp for 1k and gotten the You have killed X person.

Honesty the only thing on the score board that counts for anything is the counter that counts your teams kills... if you get too 15 before they do you winz da score board.
but this is why you go by dps and a number of kills. the guy with most of the highest kills but lacking dps compared to the guy with less kills but more dps shows who is in the fight and who is running in guns blazing sweeping out the kills. like the sci who is doing sub nuke and shield stripping dropping shields so the defiant swoops in decloaks with all buffs grabs kills while maybe that sci got the guy down to 60% hp.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I look at damage dealt and damage received as an indicator on how much you've contributed to the match.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Greetings,

The only thing that is accurate on that scoreboard is which team won, and even that is hosed in rare instances i.e. the 15-15 "ties"

Yours in Tactical Accuracy Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
I look at damage dealt and damage received as an indicator on how much you've contributed to the match.
Out teams will often have one or two sci ships with 70k dmg and 120k healing... and make no mistake they won the match.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Out teams will often have one or two sci ships with 70k dmg and 120k healing... and make no mistake they won the match.
That's true. Technically, I said contributing, not about winning/losing.

But, I fly an escort, so I should only be concerned with how much damage and healing I've done. It means I'm doing my job of drawing fire away from the weaker (offensively) DPS ships, so they can focus on their buff/debuff abilities.

I don't want to look lazy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang

But, I fly an escort, so I should only be concerned with how much damage and healing I've done. It means I'm doing my job of drawing fire away from the weaker (offensively) DPS ships, so they can focus on their buff/debuff abilities.

I don't want to look lazy.

True. I think this is a function of escorts that is often over looked. I personally love it when I'm getting focused the whole match and give the other Scort the opportunity to rain dps on the other team.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:18 PM.