Lt. Commander
Have I been the only one to notice that since F2P went live it seems like the ratings of missions have been dropping across the board? It's a slow erosion, but it seems like all of the top missions have been slowly dropping. I assume it's happening all the way down the list, or the top missions would have changed by now.

Maybe it's just due to more plays overall? It doesn't really matter, I just thought it was interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2012, 02:46 PM
My missions don't get an awful amount of plays anyway, but I think what happens is people just quickly dismiss the feedback box at the end of the mission. I'm seeing more 3 star ratings with no written feedback left.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2012, 07:06 PM
The F2Pers are definitely harsher with reviews. They also have a much lower understanding of what the Foundry can and cannot do, since they weren't here for season 3.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2012, 07:52 PM
It's very annoying getting bad reviews without any feedback as to why they didn't like it.

Or when you make grind missions for accolade runs and then they complain about there not being a story line.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Yeah, I'm noticing lower reviews and I do think Stylsy is right, most folks are probably just clicking through the review at the end.

I have also received quite a few comments from people who seem to not know how the Foundry works as well. One 1-star rating feedback was, "The mission should be set to tell the difference between a male toon and a female toon."
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-06-2012, 05:38 AM
Yea... I am being down-rated because people get caught in geometry of a object I can not change anything about or stupid things like "the mission can't be completed..."..

yea... buddy... The mission has 300 votes and 52 reviews all placing it at about 3.85 average rating...

I am even considering to take it down... I can live with people nitpicking my mission, but stupidity and things I obviously can't change anything about... It just makes me angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
The F2Pers are definitely harsher with reviews. They also have a much lower understanding of what the Foundry can and cannot do, since they weren't here for season 3.
Not harsher... More lazy... stupid at times.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno119 View Post
It's very annoying getting bad reviews without any feedback as to why they didn't like it.

Or when you make grind missions for accolade runs and then they complain about there not being a story line.
you cant heal stupid. come on i get reviews like "where's the door" when its clearly explained or my personal fav " Its too hard nerf their health" humanity is doomed. if you dont take them to a new map from the sector space in sol / qonos their like the ant from bugs life and are instantly lost.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Wow, someone actually said without saying "how DARE someone only give me 3 stars!"

I've played a few foundry missions, and I rate them based on how I feel the quality is, not based on any comparison to other missions in the foundry. If all foundry missions "suck" because the foundry has no good options, then all of them will get low ratings from me, and vice versa.

So far I've given a few ratings I've listed my reasons why. One of the missions was based on the Kobyashi Maru (however you spell it). I was called away by my roomate with an urgent issue halfway though the battle. My ship, sitting in one place, with autofire on, managed to win the rest of the battle by itself. As I noted in the review, this is supposed to be unwinnible, and the mission was far too easy.

However, if I'm talking to people who are offended that someone would DARE to rate them only a 3 then I'm talking to a brick wall.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I have seen a bit of that. One was "I'd give it 5-stars, but the music doesn't quite fit the tone of the episode so I'm giving it 2-stars."

Really?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I have seen a bit of that. One was "I'd give it 5-stars, but the music doesn't quite fit the tone of the episode so I'm giving it 2-stars."

Really?
Thats exactly my point... Thoose people clearly have no clue what authours are in control of, and what not...

I know not all will agree with me on this, but sometimes I think they should not be allowed to vote/review