Lt. Commander
# 1 Ninja-ing STF Optional Drops?
03-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Not sure if this goes here or the Bugs subforum, so move if neccessary.

I think I just accidentally ninja'd an entire optional loot can away from the rest of my PUG on an Infected run.

I won't go into details here, but long story short when we finished blowing everything up, there were two yellow loot cans over the starbase as per normal. I hit 'F' a few times out of habit, but the need/greed roll window never appeared. It just opened up the contents window, then dropped it all into inventory.

Other than filing a bug report (which I've already done, #1,303,135), is there anything else I can/should do about this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptExpendable
Not sure if this goes here or the Bugs subforum, so move if neccessary.

I think I just accidentally ninja'd an entire optional loot can away from the rest of my PUG on an Infected run.

I won't go into details here, but long story short when we finished blowing everything up, there were two yellow loot cans over the starbase as per normal. I hit 'F' a few times out of habit, but the need/greed roll window never appeared. It just opened up the contents window, then dropped it all into inventory.

Other than filing a bug report (which I've already done, #1,303,135), is there anything else I can/should do about this?
Hope Cryptic does the right thing and makes it so EVERYONE in the STF runs to collect the rewards for completing the optional objectives. That would stop the constant "needing" by people who don't like sharing in the spoils of victory.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2012, 02:45 PM
This is still happening every other space STF that I complete. Objective is successful, but team gets no loot or roll opportunity. Players are always asking about iit after a run.

It appears that one team member gets the loot menu, but that the team roll never occurs and that player gets all three items (I've had this happen to me once, and seen a few others report it).

WTF Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2012, 04:31 PM
So thats why I dont get infected optionals. I never get em.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Just finished an Infected Space with successful Optional. The loot showed up to roll, but this is the second Infected Space in two days where no-one got the loot.

Yesterday had one of those "I need it all" people rolling on everything. But I noticed he didn't roll on the final loot. So I hit my choices at the last second. Then left. Back on DS9, no indication that anyone won anything.

Just now, I made my selections and waited. One other guy did not make selections. This time i waited until the 3 minute timer booted me. Again, no one won anything, according to my system chat.

Infected Space successful Optionals are not working properly.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-16-2012, 02:23 PM
The notification script is broken for the optional rewards, but people do in fact get them. Just yesterday I picked up a deflector array, but it never actually informed me I had received it. It just showed up in my inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdup View Post
This is still happening every other space STF that I complete. Objective is successful, but team gets no loot or roll opportunity. Players are always asking about iit after a run.

It appears that one team member gets the loot menu, but that the team roll never occurs and that player gets all three items (I've had this happen to me once, and seen a few others report it).

WTF Cryptic?
I've noticed that you have to be within a certain range of the Optional complete loot drop to have the option of lotting on it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2012, 02:57 AM
If you leave before everyone has rolled, you don't get the loot...

So pay attention... Some people wait on purpose until the very last second to roll, so that most possible people have left the map and they get a bigger chance of getting it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-20-2012, 06:52 AM
1.) if somebody leaves without rolling...the rest have to wait until the timer is out.
2.) if somebody rolled...and left he may still win the roll, but never get it...and nobody will get it.
3.) if somebody thinks he is smart and waits until the end to roll, and others already left. he may still lose the roll and the loot stays in the box.

if you practice one of the 3 mentioned above, i welcome you to my ignore list because thats just ignorant to do when playing with other people.

and also all 3 of the above may have happened to cause what has happend to the OP. I doubt it to be a BUG, just an inconvenience of the looting system, which needs improvement to eliminate ignorant behaviour of certain individuals.

if you leave, you are out of the roll...if you rolled and left before rolling ended, loot needs to go to the second highest, and nobody should be able to leave until all loot is rolled for.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-26-2012, 08:05 PM
new bug i noticed it tonight i clicked on item need or greed never came up