Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I've searched the forums, I've checked the help desk. None of these list this issue thus I'm assuming this is something the dev team is unaware of. Since the latest patch - IE mere hours ago - the space camera zoom on my Exploration Cruiser REFIT is broken. I can no longer zoom in anywhere near the ship. To the contrary, the closest zoom level is as shown.

Current Maximum Zoom

On ALL of my other characters and ships I can zoom in close as usual. It is JUST this ship that has been broken. For me personally the distant zoom has made this ship unplayable as the screen becomes a total cluster- of epic proportions with other ships filling my view since I can't zoom in on my own.

I'd like some sort of response to this issue, unlike the support tickets I've submitted about missions failing to reward and the 2800 mission being entirely broken when played with a team.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2012, 11:32 PM
I am having the exact same problem with my Odyssey Class.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager24 View Post
I am having the exact same problem with my Odyssey Class.
Same here I used to be able to Zoom straight into the hull and read my ship's name and registery number on my Odyssey.

I'm wondering, did you guys enable Large Cursor before going to space? Idk why that would have anything to do with it, but I did enable Large Cursor, beam to space and all of a sudden the Zoom was messed up. I tried setting it back to normal, then relogging to no avail.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2012, 11:43 PM
This has been happening with my Bortas too. Though I did hear someone in chat mention something about a "minimum zoom" or something, so I don't know what's going on. DId the patch notes mention it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2012, 08:08 AM
This is REALLY BAD.

I am having the zoom nerf bug as well, and there is a Threadnaught beginning to spawn in General Discussion about it. It is affecting gameplay for some folks. Please address quickly.

EDIT: I was going to purchase a couple of the big ships, but decided not to, since I couldn't even zoom in close enough to read the ship registries on my 55" TV. This is a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Whoops, apparently this isn't a bug, but rather, has been confirmed to be an intentional change.