Lt. Commander
Don't know if anyone else had a similar problem, but after yesterday's patch, it seems to me the "flickering space background" problem has increased.

Additionally, if I zoom in close to my ship, on a map that has a flickering background, then I get this weird hyper-vibration effect on the ship that makes it look like it's going into spasms or something.

If I rotate the camera to get the flickering part of the background off my screen, then the ship no longer vibrates. Or, if I zoom out further, the vibration stops, but the background flickering is still there.

For the record, my setup:

Alienware M18x
Intel i7-2820 Variable Speed Processor (2.30 base, 3.4 turbo)
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
(2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1 GB GDDR5 Video Cards in SLI

All drivers up to date.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Oh god I hope not, it actually seemed to have gone away for me...I'll feedback when I log back in as I haven't been on since the patch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carmichael View Post
Don't know if anyone else had a similar problem, but after yesterday's patch, it seems to me the "flickering space background" problem has increased.

Additionally, if I zoom in close to my ship, on a map that has a flickering background, then I get this weird hyper-vibration effect on the ship that makes it look like it's going into spasms or something.

If I rotate the camera to get the flickering part of the background off my screen, then the ship no longer vibrates. Or, if I zoom out further, the vibration stops, but the background flickering is still there.

For the record, my setup:

Alienware M18x
Intel i7-2820 Variable Speed Processor (2.30 base, 3.4 turbo)
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
(2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1 GB GDDR5 Video Cards in SLI

All drivers up to date.
What you described seems to be the exact same thing that happened to me during a Cure Elite space run last night.

I zone in and my KaríFi starts popping like a hydraulic low-rider.

I thought that the problem had something to do with the latest TS3 update that I downloaded but it seems that itís being caused by the latest STO patch.

I hope none of the players that are affected by this are seizure prone.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
What you described seems to be the exact same thing that happened to me during a Cure Elite space run last night.

I zone in and my KaríFi starts popping like a hydraulic low-rider.

I thought that the problem had something to do with the latest TS3 update that I downloaded but it seems that itís being caused by the latest STO patch.

I hope none of the players that are affected by this are seizure prone.
Yep, you got it.

I zoned into "Ground Zero" last night, and the background of the Hobus System looked like a broken mirror in 2 locations, and my Venture class was bouncing up and down like flubber contained in a very small box.

Once I rotated the view so the flickering background was out of view, the bouncing of the ship stopped. When I rotated back so the flickering was in view, the bouncing resumed.

When I zoomed out, bouncing stopped again.

Oh, and.....

"All my friends know the low rider ..."

Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. On the one hand, I'm glad it's not just me, but on the other, it makes the game less pleasant to play. I'm spending more time watching Star Trek than playing it until the issue is ironed out.