Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
The anticipation is maddening while I wait for the mission to open up. I'm hoping the new Big-E will ride to the rescue with Captain Shon at the conn with Commander Winters at his side in a cut scene. That would be so EPIC. (put a quarter in the Epic Jar).

Spoliers!!!!!! Below.

And it's live. Shard of Possibilities. That's the limited time reward. Summon two Quantum Shadows. And I become untargetable. Sounds cool. Look forward to trying it out.

Jem'Hadar Resilient Shield. YES!!! Whoa. Almost as good as MACO shield.

And Polaron Beams and Cannons!!! Yes!!!!! My wishes are coming true. (But having to run the mission 5 times for a full Beam weapon load and equipment load? Better be an epic mission ).

Ok Now into the breach.... (more later)

Edit 1:
Yep. I am being railroaded... And it's a Dominion Space suit, (It's Personal Armor, BTW). Cut scene have been exceptional. The scene with talking with Kurland on the Defiant are outstanding. Kudos to the character animators. And new UI functionality for the Suit. Cool. Suit light and Breathing sounds. More cool.

Edit 2:
Surface animations and character movment are very cool. Magna-boots, forced walking and clomp, clomp, clomp.... I'm loving this mission!!!!! OMG SO COOL!!!!!!

Edit 3:
Inside DS9 now. Disable Emergency Force Fields... HEH HEH HEH.

Edit 4: Kur'ukan goes down. And we will finish it among the strs.

Edit 5:
Holy!!! Ouch!!!!

Edit 6:

OMG!! I WAS RIGHT!!!!!! SCORE!!!!!! The Big-E rides to the rescue!!!! And it's the +1 variant.

Edit 7:
And nice epilogue as well. I hope we got to meant Eraun again. It's go much fun to "spare" with him. And sock it to him Loriss.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-10-2012, 11:07 AM
we get to keep the EV suit.

/Massive win
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Died 6 times already once in the station and I am getting tired of it.

1.) Revamp to ground combat makes it faster and easier to die, yet we still have a 30 second cool down on hypos.

2.) Hypo heals half as much as normal against Jem'hadar for some reason.

3.) The "tricky" stuff seems to be put right next to the enemy, so so much for any subterfuge.

Annoying and stupid does not equal fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haglahay
Died 6 times already once in the station and I am getting tired of it.

1.) Revamp to ground combat makes it faster and easier to die, yet we still have a 30 second cool down on hypos.

2.) Hypo heals half as much as normal against Jem'hadar for some reason.

3.) The "tricky" stuff seems to be put right next to the enemy, so so much for any subterfuge.

Annoying and stupid does not equal fun.
ground was the easy bit. i thought space was harder.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
ground was the easy bit. i thought space was harder.
Yeah. My Engineer VA walked right through the ground part on Elite. The space battle was very hectic at a couple of points, though.

The only time I died is when I intentionally walked off of DS9 to see what would happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Yeah. My Engineer VA walked right through the ground part on Elite. The space battle was very hectic at a couple of points, though.

The only time I died is when I intentionally walked off of DS9 to see what would happen.
Yes. Space was very touch and go for me. having multiple Battleships and the Dreadnaught aggro on me was tough.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-10-2012, 11:38 AM
SPOILERS.


The Orb of Possibilities summons 2 pets that looks exactly like your character. So it looks like there are three of you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
ground was the easy bit. i thought space was harder.
Yupp ... I would love to see that as a fleet action, however.

Cryptic ... If you are smart, you will redo the space battle as a fleet action with Fed / KDF players part of the fleet that ride to the rescue in that version.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Well I have to agree, unless you have something like the MACO ground set some classes are going to run into trouble.

Best would be if some Jem'hanar join up with you and help, the whole solo thing does not really work out that well.

Edit:

And yes, space was harder because someone thought it was a good idea to have Battleships keep spawning until the Boss Ship is killed... restrain should be in order because even if you have a fleet along with you, there is a still a super ship (the Dreadnaught) and it certainly does not need help with throwing Battleships at us to make it hard, it just makes it unfair.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
And yes, space was harder because someone thought it was a good idea to have Battleships keep spawning until the Boss Ship is killed... restrain should be in order because even if you have a fleet along with you, there is a still a super ship (the Dreadnaught) and it certainly does not need help with throwing Battleships at us to make it hard, it just makes it unfair.
They didn't respawn for me. At the end only the Dreadnought was left against the NPC fleet and me.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 PM.