Lt. Commander
Forget Me Not
By Sovereign77x

Mission ID: ST-HFMIG9X2P
Length: 30 to 60 minutes (determined by your choices)
Faction: Federation
Level Requirement: 16+

Synopsis:

A supply convoy has gone missing while under the protection of your former protégé and close friend, Commander Samantha Taryn. In a time when so much is sacrificed, and so many lives are lost, you will go to extraordinary lengths to bring this one Starfleet officer home.

Greeting STO Community,

I am excited to debut my new Foundry mission, Forget Me Not. This mission is the result of about 40 to 50 hours worth of work. Although the mission itself can be completed in only 30 to 60 minutes, it is easily the most complex mission I have created to date. Below are a few of the reasons I believe you should give my mission a try.

Your Choices Matter

My primary purpose with this mission is to offer radically different game play experiences to players based upon their decisions. If you are looking for a solid combat experience, you'll find it here; however, if you are looking for a mission that is dialogue and puzzle driven--one that you can complete without firing a shot--then you'll find it here also. Both approaches are fully realized, and very believable in light of your choices.

Optional Stealth Game Play

At one point in the mission, you will have the option to complete your objectives using stealth, rather than force. This approach offers several unique puzzles, such as sneaking past enemies undetected, finding your way through a smokescreen, and overcoming temptation. Players can customize their stealth experience by choosing whether they want to play in easy or hard mode.

Unique Storytelling

If you played my Deadly Intentions mission series, you'll notice some big differences with this mission. While Deadly Intentions endeavored to tell an epic story, Forget Me Not is much more personal. I've actually taken some creative license, and written some back-story for your character referencing events from other missions in the game. Ultimately, I hope this will allow players to have a much more personal connection to the narrative.

I am humbled and grateful for the warm reception my previous missions have received from the Star Trek Online community. I hope that many will find this mission to be similarly enjoyable. Please feel free to post your comments, feedback, and suggestions for improvement in this post.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Great Mission
03-10-2012, 09:50 PM
A fine addition to all the missions written by you thus far. The Choice between easy and hard, and Stealth and combat is very unique, and adds a great deal of replayability. Another awesome story from the Science King of Sol Vanguard!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2012, 11:53 PM
I played this mission and enjoyed it immensely. Many missions in STO have a very narrow focus with little actual story or background. This mission provides opportunities to actually make decisions that have consequences and there is some variation in the mission itself. The story is really nice and deals with the internal struggles Starfleet officers may face in the course of their duties. Throughout the mission is the specter of failure even if the mission is successful and there is a palpable sense of loss whenever something doesn't go quite right. Your characters seem more alive than just pixels and that is how it should be in a role playing game.

I hope you enjoy this mission as much as I did.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenalis View Post
A fine addition to all the missions written by you thus far. The Choice between easy and hard, and Stealth and combat is very unique, and adds a great deal of replayability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclespanky
I played this mission and enjoyed it immensely. Many missions in STO have a very narrow focus with little actual story or background. This mission provides opportunities to actually make decisions that have consequences and there is some variation in the mission itself. The story is really nice and deals with the internal struggles Starfleet officers may face in the course of their duties. Throughout the mission is the specter of failure even if the mission is successful and there is a palpable sense of loss whenever something doesn't go quite right. Your characters seem more alive than just pixels and that is how it should be in a role playing game.

I hope you enjoy this mission as much as I did.
Thanks for taking the time to play my mission; I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!
Lt. Commander
I realy enjoyed playing this mission. I liked being able to choose if I wanted to play the goody goody Starfleet officer, or dabble with my dark side.

I look forward to playing more foundry games by this author.
Lt. Commander
I would love to see this mission (and other Foundry missions) added to STOwiki.org's Foundry Portal section by their respective authors.

Hint, hint!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel3
I realy enjoyed playing this mission. I liked being able to choose if I wanted to play the goody goody Starfleet officer, or dabble with my dark side.

I look forward to playing more foundry games by this author.
I'm glad you enjoyed the chance to indulge your dark side (I'm guessing the poor Ferengi didn't know what hit him).
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign77x View Post
Hello Brian,

It's been a little while since I bugged you for a review. I have just published another Foundry mission and would love to get your eyes on it. Here are the details:

Mission Name: Forget Me Not
Author: Sovereign77x
Minimum Level: 41+ (soon to be 16+ when I am convinced everything is running smoothly)
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HFMIG9X2P
Estimated Mission Length: 30 to 60 minutes
Method of Report Delivery: Here on the forum.
Mission Summary:

A supply convoy has gone missing while under the protection of your former protégé and close friend, Commander Samantha Taryn. In a time when so much is sacrificed, and so many lives are lost, you will go to extraordinary lengths to bring this one Starfleet officer home.

This mission is a bit of a departure from my previous series, Deadly Intentions. While that series told an epic story, this mission is designed to tell a much more personal one. The game play experience can be radically affected by your choices in this mission; at one point, you will be able to choose between a normal combat approach, and a unique stealth approach.

I am eager to get your incredibly detailed and insightful feedback. Please note, that there is a good chance the mission will still be in "Review Limbo" when you are ready to play it.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to review my work!
Federation Mission - Forget Me Not
Author: Sovereign77x
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HFMIG9X2P

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is an outstanding mission, from the excellent map design, through the outstanding story dialogue. Your map design with the optional tasks that included fight or stealth modes was simply outstanding. The story dialogue that included the optional choices on which way the story for that map would go was excellent. The optional fighting was also very well designed and tough. You used the response button “Continue” a number of times but it seemed to work pretty well where you used it. I would highly recommend this mission to anyone who enjoys a great story combined with excellent maps and optional tasks and fights.

Below is just some of my standard observations with no real items to correct. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good detailed description. I like the author’s notes too. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is an interesting use of the grant dialogue. The details you provide certainly do tell the player the type of mission but no real details on what it is about. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear location for the start of the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is an interesting use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Sienae System: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Isolane Nebula 1: This is an excellent map design. The story dialogue is outstanding. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Vendetta Interior: This map design is outstanding with the fight or stealth mode options. The story dialogue is very detailed and excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Isolane Nebula 2: This is a really great map design with the fight or escape option. The story dialogue is excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Warp Speed: This is an excellent map design with outstanding story dialogue that brings the mission to a very nice conclusion. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job with this mission. It was a lot of fun to play and review.
Brian

This critique report also filed 03/17/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Thanks Brian!
03-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil70th
Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job with this mission. It was a lot of fun to play and review.
Brian
As always, thank you for taking the time to review my mission... and for everything you do for the Foundry community. Your feedback is absolutely invaluable.
Lt. Commander
# 10 First reviews are in!
03-18-2012, 09:01 PM
The first batch of reviews are in! Here is the breakdown thus far:

Sixteen 5 Stars
Twelve 4 Stars
One 3 Stars
Zero 2 Stars
Three 1 Star (with no comments)

Cumulative score thus far: 4.19

Obviously, it is still pretty early in the review process and these scores may change dramatically with future players; nevertheless, I'm am very grateful for the early support this mission has received from the STO community.
Closed Thread