Lt. Commander
Short of the additional Tactical Officer, Higher Ranking Engineering Officers and Console additions, in addition to the general stats (of which are no doubt improved) are there any additional paint work on pattern-work for the Vor'cha Retrofit that isn't already on the standard Vor'cha?

I'm a Captain at the moment (#31), currently have the Vor'cha. Once I hit the next rank, it's a toss up between the Vor'cha Retrofit or Negh'Var. That'll be my final ship then (cause I don't like the Bortas). Just wondering what additions the Vor'cha Retrofit gets over the standard Vor'cha, and which (out of the Vor'cha Retrofit and Negh'Var) is the better ship to command.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariestrekker
Short of the additional Tactical Officer, Higher Ranking Engineering Officers and Console additions, in addition to the general stats (of which are no doubt improved) are there any additional paint work on pattern-work for the Vor'cha Retrofit that isn't already on the standard Vor'cha?

I'm a Captain at the moment (#31), currently have the Vor'cha. Once I hit the next rank, it's a toss up between the Vor'cha Retrofit or Negh'Var. That'll be my final ship then (cause I don't like the Bortas). Just wondering what additions the Vor'cha Retrofit gets over the standard Vor'cha, and which (out of the Vor'cha Retrofit and Negh'Var) is the better ship to command.

Thoughts?
Aestetically the retro doesn't gain anything over the standard T4 version.
For that you have to pay c-points (this is the KDF after all, we don't get as much for free as the good guys)
To use the Tor'kath skin you'd have to pay 160 C points and for the Vor'kang another 800.
The latter works like the Venture does for the Galaxy-R.

There's an overview here:

http://www.stowiki.org/Vor%27cha_Bat...uiser_Retrofit

anyway for my personal preference the the Vor'cha is the better ship due to its better turnrate that allows to mount dual cannons in a useful manner.
The Tac BO setup is okay as it allows Rapid Fire 1, High Yield 1 and Tac Team.
The loss in hitpoints is not the serious a problem IMO.

That's all I can say at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Yeah, the Vor'cha is the cruiser for mounting DHC, but if you'e throwing beams around ala "regular" cruisers, then the Negh'var or Bortas will provide a sturdier platform for that, at the expense of offensive power though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Vor'cha retrofit. You want that extra tac skill, the Negh'var extra engineering ensign skill is a joke. What exactly are you planning to put in there?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2012, 07:01 AM
The Vor'Cha Retro turns with a base auf 10 while the T4 VorCha only turns with 6 iirc. So the Retro is a lot more fun and plays like a raptor. I use 2x Turn speed consoles in mine and its cool
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Can someone confirm for me if the Vorcha Retrofit is avalible to in the purchase because i cant see it! I thia big mistake getting that Heghta BOP Tier 5. I explode more than kill stuff. I like my old vorcha and want to keep it.