Lt. Commander
Seems every time I'm in the middle of a fight a popup appears coverring 3/4 of my screen... Really?

Make them always minimized (so we can open them should we need to [*cough* never]), we really don't need this constant mission spam 99.99999% of the time - our objective is written clearly on the top right of our screens anyway!

Unless the mission requires interaction or choices, why show anything??? It's just pointless screen clutter that covers the most important part of our screen always at just the WRONG times.

Don't need them. Don't want them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2012, 11:03 PM
There should be an option to have ALL popups go to the low priority corner.

But they also need to make sure that in the default settng messages dont pop up till combat is over. I hate getting pop ups in the middle of combat
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
There should be an option to have ALL popups go to the low priority corner.

But they also need to make sure that in the default settng messages dont pop up till combat is over. I hate getting pop ups in the middle of combat
Exactly. I just don't know what the devs were thinking when they added these constant unwanted popups.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone
Exactly. I just don't know what the devs were thinking when they added these constant unwanted popups.
They were thinking like this: "We are smart, customers are dumb... Better explain everything to them just a few extra times just to be sure"...

I mean... This is the company that thought that cartoonish icons were needed to help people find their way around ESD, and only changed it after 2 weeks of flaming.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2012, 06:28 AM
Not awake yet had me thinking that cryptic was useing advertisments for silvers lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2012, 06:46 AM
One solution would be to introduce voice overs for officer reports... then no pop up would be necessary. if you need to read up on anything you can check in the ship log...

Incidentally this would fixthe decloak bug at the same time...

But, alas, they don't have the resources.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone
Seems every time I'm in the middle of a fight a popup appears coverring 3/4 of my screen... Really?

Make them always minimized (so we can open them should we need to [*cough* never]), we really don't need this constant mission spam 99.99999% of the time - our objective is written clearly on the top right of our screens anyway!

Unless the mission requires interaction or choices, why show anything??? It's just pointless screen clutter that covers the most important part of our screen always at just the WRONG times.

Don't need them. Don't want them.
QFT

I've always hated the silent-BO/NPC face just doing idling movements ever since STO was conceived.

Wish it would be a small low priority button that just blinks - as well as a flashy button when there is loot to decide on.
Already moved the lootwindow aside, but it is indeed annoying now that we always have a Cardi Loot Box in just about every meaningless kill.