Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship turning stutter
03-13-2012, 09:19 AM
I returned to the game a few days ago so this is a completely fresh install but when my ship is turning there seems to be a stutter every second where the turn seems to stop then skip forward a little. This happens on all characters and as far as I can tell, all graphics settings high or low.

I've reinstalled my graphics drivers and tried a multitude of different graphics settings both in and out of the game but I can't fix this stutter. Has anyone else seen this bug?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
System Model: 965X7AA
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3326MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Display Memory: 2424 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2012, 12:36 PM
It could be lag or be related the twitching/shaking bug that came up recently.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2012, 05:46 PM
I had this happening for a little while yesterday and it just ended up being a bit of server lag. I haven't played yet today, but I'm betting that's all it is, either server side like I had happen yesterday or just some intermittent lag on your side.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 08:17 AM
I find it hard to believe it's lag, it started doing it as soon as I installed the game and still does it today. The glitch is every second, literally. Far too regular for it to be lag, I'm almost certain it's graphics related somehow but how?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2012, 09:49 AM
okay couple things:

1) From the specs you listed, your running 2 monitors, correct? If yes, have you tried only using one and switching it to a standard resolution 1920X1080 for example? If you did try that did it seems to make a difference at all even the slightest bit?

2) Do me a favor please and run a series of speed tests either 3 or 4 and with the same speed test site or program and list the ping upload and download from each individual test.

3) check your Virtual Memory settings and list what that is set at please.

4) Check your DirectX 9 version to make sure it is the latest/last version that was released (Yes I do know you're computer is capable of DirectX 11)

5) Try installing the K-lite codec mega pack and do the full install. I know it doesn't seem to make any sense that installing something for videos and audio might correct it, but sometimes it can help with alot of different things.

I'm sorry I don't have a "yup it's definitely this or that that's causing the problem" yet, but under the circumstances the only thing we can do is a trial and error.