Lt. Commander
I've been doing some searching, and now that the Enterprise F has been released during "The 2800," I've been wondering... What happened to her predecessor? The little "hints" during loading screens have stated that Data is the commander of the Enterprise E, but nothing I can find says what happened after that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefist84 View Post
I've been doing some searching, and now that the Enterprise F has been released during "The 2800," I've been wondering... What happened to her predecessor? The little "hints" during loading screens have stated that Data is the commander of the Enterprise E, but nothing I can find says what happened after that.
it went missing on its last mission to go see what happened to a space station, and they left it with that, either for a future po=lot or cbs wanted to keep it open so they could use it with a new tv show if there ever is one
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixboneheadxix
it went missing[...]
I wish people would stop saying that.

The last thing that happened with the E was that she was dispatched to investigate the loss of contact with a starbase in 2408.

We do not know what happened to the ship once she was sent out there. Speculation != fact. For all we know, in the one to two years that have followed 2408, she might well have simply been decomissioned.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
I wish people would stop saying that.

The last thing that happened with the E was that she was dispatched to investigate the loss of contact with a starbase in 2408.

We do not know what happened to the ship once she was sent out there. Speculation != fact. For all we know, in the one to two years that have followed 2408, she might well have simply been decomissioned.
well thats what i heard a lot of im just repeating what seems to be the majority on here.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2012, 03:09 PM
I speculate that some enjoy the mystery that a missing the E-E suggests. It would make a good story some day. Though I'm recalling (I can't recall who specifically said it) that CBS won't let Cryptic speculate on the E-E's true fate. I further speculate that is because they want the ongoing novels which feature the E-E to continue as long as the books will sell. Which, IMO, isn't unreasonable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
It's true we don't know what happened, but in my opinion, the ship isn't nearly old enough to be decommissioned. It's roughly 40 years old, and it's predecessor, the Galaxy class, was designed to run for 100 years, according to the TNG technical manual.

IMO, lost or destroyed are the most logical options.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Okay, time for a visit from the 29th century Temporal-31 to explain all this and force us to help maintain the secret.

Or something.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2012, 03:29 PM
i think it was decommissioned. its had one hell of a life being partially assimilated by the Borg having the whole front of it torn off by Picards ramming of the Scimitar and then whatever it had after that. I imagine Data is now head of Oxford university like he was in the last episode of TNG even though that was a different timeline
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Data went crazy, again.

He hijacked the ship, again.

Except without a capable crew, he sailed the Enterprise off into oblivion.

Seriously, with Data's track record for having faulty and/or hidden programming, or behaving in specifically dangerous ways when he takes a bit of damage or stands too close to a magnet, you'd think they'd have kept him away from the captain's chair.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
It's true we don't know what happened, but in my opinion, the ship isn't nearly old enough to be decommissioned. It's roughly 40 years old, and it's predecessor, the Galaxy class, was designed to run for 100 years, according to the TNG technical manual.

IMO, lost or destroyed are the most logical options.
the Enterprise A was decomissioned after a very short time due to the excelsior far outperforming it.

It's not about whether the ship has been built to last when it comes to the flagship of Star Fleet. It's about that ship being the best and most advanced in the fleet. This is why The Enterprise B was an Excelsior class ship.

IMO decommissioned seems most likely. The wars are ramping up, Star Fleet has very few powerful allies and it's becoming apparent that they must fight it alone. A new class of ships built to weather this storm makes sense and a new flagship at the point would fit in with that mold.