Lt. Commander
I know this was addressed a while back, but the BO pathing on tight maps is still bad. Zig-zagging in walls, they are too stupid to walk though doors in some cases and sometimes they just run all over. Most of these problems are on small, tight maps.

This problem should be looked at, regardless of how many hits there are on this thread. For some reason people want other, less important, things like the close zoom in space. This is a more pressing issue; it's ground combat functionality. Please consider soon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-16-2012, 07:33 PM
cage of fire is virtually unplayable even using rally points. I did it on my caitan (who just hit VA. yay.) the other night and spent most of the mission manually walking each boff over the walkways using individual rally points as they refused to cross from rock to walkway, and when i finally got them on the walkways they would run around like headless chickens. needless to say they often carried on this running around even while being shot at (almost as if they were stuck in a loop running from spot to spot). the mission ended up taking about 3 times as long as the last few times I have done this, so either I am getting worse are coralling my boffs (potentially from exasperation) or they are deteriorating in intelligence
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Yeah, Cage of Fire is (so far) the one mission I've run that reminded me that there's pathing to this AI and they don't just "run after me and slot into formation when I take a break..."

This mission is so exasperating, not only did I have to individually rally like 3 BOffs from one battle to the next, but I needed to find the exact point that would convince them to move on, one BOff wanted to path along the right wall, while another wanted the left wall, and the third would switch from right wall to left wall to center to left wall for half a path then right wall...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2012, 03:45 AM
The Cage of Frustration is easily done when you team up with another player.
Quantum Mortars work nicely too.

The map never should have made it to the live environment, or even to Tribble.
I'd not even have sent something as broken as this to QA.
If the pathing does not work from bridge to bridge, or rock to bridge, then come up with a different solution.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Dear God, yes. I ran this the other day and kept having to respawn because I had no back up by the time I hit the last Fire door where you face the 2 Capt Rank enemies.. I finally got it to where 1 Boff made it with me and somehow survived it. See what i think the biggest problem is, is that the Boffs are tethered to each other, and also to you, so if a Boff dies the living ones try to go to it to revive it, but they can't, because the moron walked into molten lava. So they become tethered to the KO'd Boff and you and it causes pathing issues. (Believe it's in there to help Boffs revive each other). If they'd just tether them to the players avatar, that might help the issue.