Lt. Commander
# 1 The Cure, Infected, KA
03-18-2012, 08:40 PM
So I took 3 months off of the game and leveled my Captain to VA yesterday. I've completed all of the Borg Missions ans the B'Tran cluster mission and daily. The only STF mission I get is Terredome. Before, I recall being able to get Infected as a mission, but when I talk to the Klingon Captain at Battle Group Omega, I only get the option for Terredome. Am I missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Click the little arrow to the bottom right of your minimap, and select PvE Queue. You can select an STF from there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Yes, the old school STFs have been removed with quickplay versions. I really believe that the oldschool versions should still be avalable with SLIGHTLY more rewards/drop rates for those who want to play them in their original form/difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2012, 07:03 PM
How NeilCecil
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-15-2012, 10:20 AM
The quickplay PvE queue were a new mechanic for Fleet Actions. The origninal mission codeing HAS to still be somewhere in the server, but is simply deactivated. All they need to do is reactivate the disabled encoding. And tweek the reward drop rates for those maps.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-15-2012, 11:05 AM
My thoughts are they should streamline the STFs just a tiny bit further (replace most of the popup prompts with those inline dialogs, like the message you get about "thrusters only" when you take your ship near the ESD doors), then make "episode" versions that resemble the old missions (but still factor in some of the newer improved mechanics, such as what it takes to destroy the transwarp gate now). The episode versions would play more like traditional episodes, with more BOff and NPC popups to work the story back in, and threading the space and ground together as one mission (even, really, if they're just the current space and ground maps back to back).

I'm of two minds about whether that version should be harder, or easier. I feel like it should be easier, but with lesser rewards (I would say not even linked to the STF reward system, and have them give out rewards on par with traditional STO missions). Then, the "episode" version could work more like a tutorial for the STFs -- which would be nice for everyone involved, since it means people don't have to enter the STF queues as fresh newbies.

I lament the fact that, while the new STFs are enjoyable and they should stay, we've lost a significant chunk of the storytelling that used to be there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Yes, the old school STFs have been removed with quickplay versions. I really believe that the oldschool versions should still be avalable with SLIGHTLY more rewards/drop rates for those who want to play them in their original form/difficulty.
I second this notion!

Starfleet Veteran
# 8 revive the original STFs!
07-02-2012, 02:28 PM
I would love to be able to play the old STFs again. Just for the story and fellowship with my fleet comrades. Allways had great times, joining in for a few hours when doing "three in a row"

Dear Devs, please make it possible for those who want to, to play the "story-STFs" again. All the new players would then get a chance to know the story behind those missions, since in the quickplay ones, this is just vanished.

Quote:
I lament the fact that, while the new STFs are enjoyable and they should stay, we've lost a significant chunk of the storytelling that used to be there.
plus 1!

i dont even want the new STF gear as a reward, just give us some fun missions back to play

Last edited by vahdo; 07-02-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
07-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I would love to see these missions back. They really had a great story to them and they really should not have been taken from the game. You can still keep the separate ones in queues but give us all an option to play the old ones too for the ones that want to play. You can also give us an incentive to play those once in a while.

STO Member since August 2008