Lt. Commander
Why do I need to beam out??? Can we have the button that says"Leave Ship Interior" say "Switch to the Tactical View" , then have the tactical officer say "Aye Captain" ? BUT with no interaction window, or an "Do you want to leave the bridge and switch to the tactical view?" prompt. I already clicked the button, of course I want to leave the bridge

Same thing for getting to the bridge, yes I am sure I want to beam up to the bridge.

Maybe we can add a check box that says"Dont ask again" on some of these "are you sure" prompts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 03:51 AM
You make sense allen78j20, their is no reason I can see as to why it is not set up like that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen78j20 View Post
Why do I need to beam out???
Mechanically that's the way the game switches maps. Sure it makes no logical sense from a star trek point of view but the development team can't really fix it (it's been 2 years after all). So ...

best to just pretend it doesn't happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Mechanically that's the way the game switches maps. Sure it makes no logical sense from a star trek point of view but the development team can't really fix it (it's been 2 years after all). So ...

best to just pretend it doesn't happen.
You can also see that on the fact that every NPC actually spawns by beaming in. Sometimes you still see the transporter effect on spawning NPCs. Sometimes you also can hear the transporter effect when you e.g. leave Quark's on DS9, during the loading screen before your char appears on the promenade.

It's hella lame, but it's the way the engine is built. Seems to be no way around it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2012, 10:03 AM
On some bridges, if you are close to the captains chair, you get an option for return to tactical view. If you use it, on an even smaller subset of bridges, it doesn't make you beam out. On the vast majority of bridges, you get the same "beam out" experience regardless of what button you press. An example of a bridge that does both is the "Battle Bridge."

It seems as tho they either tried to implement it and decided it was better to wait till they redo ship interiors, or they are in the process of implementing it but haven't got it quite right yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym
It seems as tho they either tried to implement it and decided it was better to wait till they redo ship interiors, or they are in the process of implementing it but haven't got it quite right yet.
Limed for Truth. No sense making tweaks to interiors when it's all due to get revamped anyway. That being said, I wouldn't expect a revamp until Neverwinter is closer to release since the tech necessary for it is tied to the Foundry tech they are creating for that game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym
On some bridges, if you are close to the captains chair, you get an option for return to tactical view. If you use it, on an even smaller subset of bridges, it doesn't make you beam out. On the vast majority of bridges, you get the same "beam out" experience regardless of what button you press. An example of a bridge that does both is the "Battle Bridge."

Im going to look for that option when I go to my bridges. I dont go there too often, but i would like it to make sense when i am there. I would be there more often if I could fight the battles from the bridge as an option. Now how cool would THAT be?

"Tactical, activate transparent bridge."
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-19-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen78j20 View Post
Why do I need to beam out??? Can we have the button that says"Leave Ship Interior" say "Switch to the Tactical View" , then have the tactical officer say "Aye Captain" ? BUT with no interaction window, or an "Do you want to leave the bridge and switch to the tactical view?" prompt. I already clicked the button, of course I want to leave the bridge

Same thing for getting to the bridge, yes I am sure I want to beam up to the bridge.

Maybe we can add a check box that says"Dont ask again" on some of these "are you sure" prompts.
Sense is being made here.