Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Hi Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) Dilithium Mining Expedition event for this coming Friday.

The first timeslot will be at 8pm GMT/ 1pm PDT/ 4pm EDT.

The second timeslot will be at 5pm PDT/ 8pm EDT/ midnight GMT.

While I can not reveal many details now, I can say that this is going to be a lot of fun! This event will coinside with the new "Dilithium Mining Daily" and the "Dilithium Mining Event" for this weekend. Let's plan to meet in Sector Space, right outside of Bajor and Deep Space Nine. Feel free to come in any class/ ship/ or faction you would like. Please join Zone chat or the REDALERT channel to see any instructions/ communication from myself. Once the event starts, we will be using Zone chat for the map that we will be on.

If you can't make it Friday, I would like to try and do these often, and on different days/ times. Feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (STFs, PvP, Fleet Actions etc.).

I hope to see many of you on Friday!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

EDIT: There will be a daily mission that you will want to pick up before you come, but if you complete the daily before the timeslot, that's okay too You can still socialize with us! If you are planning on attending one of these timeslots, feel free to pick-up the daily mission, but wait to complete it if you can!

NOTE: Attending this event will not give you the extra Dilithium percentage -- that occurs when you play the daily during the event that shows up as an hourly event under the "Today's Events" section of the mission journal.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2012, 06:38 PM
As long as its not listed as a mission that you start and finish and its more like EVE onlines mining where its open mining when ever you want, with some risks of some npcs shooting you if you mine for too long. If its a event/mission then. Because then your gona be time limited or dilithium limited and probably have a map size limit on how many ppl can warp in and mine with or against you.

Also what type of ships will be required for mining, shuttles, new ships for mining that will be coming (doubt it but would be nice), haulers to take the dilithium somewhere to refine? Hope its not just click then it starts then you click convert and thats it as that would be rather simplistic. Needs to have a proper mining gameplay component really and yes eve has mining and yes eves mining would be very good for a trek game because trek in the shows has mining and lots of ships, tech and stuff ready for the game to use if only the devs invest in it. Which would lead to ship building with mined resources, starbase construction with mined resources, build wares and weapons from mined resources, not just dilithium btw other trek materials you see mined in the shows.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Gank Free Mining?
03-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
As long as its not listed as a mission that you start and finish and its more like EVE onlines mining where its open mining when ever you want, with some risks of some npcs shooting you if you mine for too long. If its a event/mission then. Because then your gona be time limited or dilithium limited and probably have a map size limit on how many ppl can warp in and mine with or against you.
Since leaving eve i have longed to go back to the carebear life once more, some elaboration about what the event entails would be greatly appreciated please!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2012, 06:42 PM
I'll try to show for the latter time slot but...I'm hoping this won't be as boring as SWG's mining....
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I'll try to show for the latter time slot but...I'm hoping this won't be as boring as SWG's mining....

You never played an industrial character on eve then, on the weekends i would sit in an asteroid belt for about 16 hours with 2 accounts mining away...
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2012, 06:52 PM
No details on what's involved with the mining then me no attendy :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2012, 06:41 PM
I can never attend these

GMT+11 over here
Lt. Commander
# 8 Boo. :(
03-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
I can never attend these

GMT+11 over here
While I'm GMT-4, that puts bot events ealier than when I get home - seeing as I work nights. I totally feel for your situations.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
I can never attend these

GMT+11 over here
I'm always at work when they have events
Lt. Commander
# 10 GMT time
03-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote: