Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
When I get my KDF Engineer to level 40, I'm going to be torn between two ships:

The Negh'var and the Vorcha Retrofit. The Negh'var is my favorite KDF Battle Cruiser, yet the Vorcha improves my damage dealing capabilities. Which one should I go for?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-23-2012, 07:08 PM
I like both ships but went with the Vorīcha Refit. Itīs more maneuverable and doesnīt have three Ensign slots of the same kind. But when in doubt, simply pick the ship you like the most.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I like both ships but went with the Vorīcha Refit. Itīs more maneuverable and doesnīt have three Ensign slots of the same kind. But when in doubt, simply pick the ship you like the most.
Okay, Negh'var it is. How should I set it up though? I plan to keep on using Disrupters as the energy type (I'm not the noob who will use the Rainbow Bortas).

I figure EPTS is a must along with ASI, but what else should I go for?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
Okay, Negh'var it is. How should I set it up though? I plan to keep on using Disrupters as the energy type (I'm not the noob who will use the Rainbow Bortas).

I figure EPTS is a must along with ASI, but what else should I go for?
I became very fond of incinerating enemy ships with Eject Warp Plasma. It really hurts and is good to stop enemy ships from getting where they shouldnīt be getting (STFs).

Weapons: 3 beams and one torp front and back

Sci: sci team, hazard emitters

tactical: tac team, faw 2 or hyt 2

engineering: engineering team, epts (twice maybe), maybe eptw, aux to sif (canīt really do it wrong here, enough options)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Awesome....now to get my Gorn up to those levels to get it....currently rolling in a K'tinga (which isn't that bad of a ship....except for the subpar aft weapon slots)

Also, would EPtAux work as well to maximize the effects of ATSI or Hazard Emitters?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
Awesome....now to get my Gorn up to those levels to get it....currently rolling in a K'tinga (which isn't that bad of a ship....except for the subpar aft weapon slots)

Also, would EPtAux work as well to maximize the effects of ATSI or Hazard Emitters?
You have an ample supply of engineering powers on the Neghīvar, so I guess the answer is yes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
When I get my KDF Engineer to level 40, I'm going to be torn between two ships:

The Negh'var and the Vorcha Retrofit. The Negh'var is my favorite KDF Battle Cruiser, yet the Vorcha improves my damage dealing capabilities. Which one should I go for?
The Vor'cha is the superior ship... Really hard to question that. However, if you very much prefer the Negh'var then go with it. The difference is not nearly so game breaking as to automatically make you worthless because you chose the Negh'var or something.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
The Vor'cha is the superior ship... Really hard to question that. However, if you very much prefer the Negh'var then go with it. The difference is not nearly so game breaking as to automatically make you worthless because you chose the Negh'var or something.
Yeah i was torn between what i want to do and what i need to do. Either deal more damage or survive longer.

I chose survival.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 PM.