Lt. Commander
If you could design your own bridge.... how would it look?

For me, I would want something similar to Voyager's layout: http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/ships...voy-bridge.gif

only expect instead of one chair next to the captain's chair I would want two chairs flanking it. one for my number 1 and one for my counselor. sorta like on TNG.

I would also remove the rails surrounding the captain's seating area, and have the walls be a nice blue shade.

So how would you design your own bridge?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2012, 10:08 PM
It would have coloured LCARS, be half the scale as STO bridges, and have a Beagle :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2012, 10:18 PM
With a jacuzzi, and a full wet bar.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chastity1337
With a jacuzzi, and a full wet bar.
haha, very funny. :p although I wouldn't mind those being in my captain quarters... goddess knows my quarters are big enough for that.
Lt. Commander
# 5 My bridge idea.
03-25-2012, 10:57 PM
In all seriousness, I would take the TOS bridge and do minor cosmetic changes:

Different images displayed on the larger overhead screens at the various stations, different tinted lighting around the bridge (probably either a yellowish/red tint or a greenish/blue) and above all I would get rid of that damned planet on the viewscreen! Just a few minor details like that give the illusion that one ship is slightly different than another.

I.e. Kirk's Enterprise bridge versus the Exeter's bridge in "The Omega Glory" or the Defiant's bridge in "The Tholian Web". Same set, just slightly different lighting and sound.

Oh, and my crew would not be sitting staring at the viewscreen, they would be pushing buttons at their stations and actually looking into sensor displays, maybe even randomly walking around the bridge and conversing with other officers for a little atmosphere. With the occasional random NPC entering the bridge sparatically to report to someone and then leave, as well as the ability for me to summon and dismiss duty officers from there as I choose.

That's what I'd like to see pulled off.
Lt. Commander
# 6 In case I missed the point...
03-25-2012, 11:09 PM
In the event my first post wasn't what the OP intended, imagine this:

A Next generation or 25th century styled bridge, with the TOS layout. I.e. The stations, turbolift, and captain's chair are all in the same places you've seen them on TOS, but all the stations are TNG LCARS. You know those large display screens above the various terminals? Imagine those are gone, and the entire space they occupied is one giant black display screen with either a green or orange diagram of the ship detailing the functions for that particular station.

The lighting is darkened and subdued and the turbolift is the reddish color we saw in Star Trek VI. That orange diagram next to the tubolift is now green and basically a wireframe of the ship as opposed to a filled in solid color. A red alert light still sits next to the turbolift on the opposing side, and when an alert is called horizontal aert lights appear at the bottom of the large black displays at each station.

(I would draw this in detail, but I imagine my boss would chalk that up as a colosal waste of time. :p )
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2012, 11:42 PM
sounds pretty sweet.

I would also love it if my npc crewmen were to do that too as well. It would definely feel more immersive that way.

I would also love it if they did that in the mess hall too. snice how they still just come in, stand around and then walk back out. I'd like for them to actually walk to any seating areas and sit down. or for them to stand around in groups talking about random stuff, like how they do on the Earth Spacedock.

Come to think of it, I would also love it if we gained the ability to customize our mess hall and our quarters one day too. It's pretty sad that our bridge reflects our tastes more accurately than the cookie cutter captain's quarters does.

for example... my character on there is a Vulcan. thus, it should have all the Vulcan fixings in there. like a mediation mat, etc.

I wouldn't even mind buying quarters packs like we do bridge packs if it had to come to that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
[...]e half the scale as STO bridges[...]
Yep. Most of them are too large righ tnow. That is actually the only thing I would change. Lower deck ceilings, smaller rooms..
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Something smaller than the odyssey bridge/Conference Roome/Event center. Only bridge in the fleet where you have to open a com channel to your bridge stations to talk to the officer there. God forbid the coms go down, you'd have to have your XO running messages to them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2012, 11:08 AM
All Star Trek bridges are impractical. Each person should be looking at an individual set of screens, including the captain. The central main screen is relatively useless.

And why not have 360 degree projection? Make it look like you are floating in space.