Lt. Commander
# 1 Vo'Quv vs. Negh'var?
03-30-2012, 10:54 AM
I haven't gotten there yet, but when i become a brigadier general, should i choose the Vo'Quv or Negh'var?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Well are u a tac, sci or engineer? Will u play pve or pvp? What is your play style? Tank, DPS, healing? These are all questions u need to ask your self . And if u still dont know , get a Vor'cha

The Marrader Flight Deck Cruisar is a very interesting ship. You can test it on tribble for free once u level up.

Here is another thread u might find interesting

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=263365
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2012, 12:43 PM
The gameplay is fairly different between the two. They're both "tanky", but the comparisons kind of end there.

The Vo'quv is more complicated, in that you have your launchables, of several types. And it has beam target subsystems like a science ship. And it has more Boff powers than most ships. It also turns like a rock. Seriously though, your button bars will be full of commands. And you'll be really wishing there was a fourth bar.

The negh'var can have a lot of personal firepower to go with its tankiness, can turn well for a cruiser (much, much faster than the carrier), and is a bit more straightforward than the Vo'quv.

If you want a complex ship with lots of options, pick the Vo'quv. If you want a ship that can turn around and pick up loot without using evasive manuevers, pick the Negh'var.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm an Engineer and I just reached level 40 so I'm at the point of choosing whether to get one of the two ships- with my Vorcha I've been using Eject Warp Plasma & Plasma Mines to great effect against NPCs, which ship is better for an engineer?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterpriseSovereign View Post
I'm an Engineer and I just reached level 40 so I'm at the point of choosing whether to get one of the two ships- with my Vorcha I've been using Eject Warp Plasma & Plasma Mines to great effect against NPCs, which ship is better for an engineer?
Of the choices in the topic? Negh'var.

Vo'quv is slanted towards Sci with the Boff layout. Negh'var is purely an Engineer-type battle cruiser.

If you're laying mines & warp plasma, then you might even need to consider the Hegh'ta, however. The Vor'cha Retrofit is also a fine vessel, although you may want a new looking hull, for what it's worth.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2012, 06:59 PM
negh'var pls