Lt. Commander
# 1 Happiness Is A Warm Gorn
03-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi folks!!

I just published a new Foundry mission for the Feds. Happiness Is A Warm Gorn has you solving a mystery based on information that Starfleet Intelligence believes you do not need to know. Follow the twisting tale of two Gorn spies that have the future of the Alpha Quadrant in their possession.

Or do they?

ST-HQ5T9WF8D

Any Level

Hope you enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Hey Cap, I played through your mission and liked it. I also recorded my playthrough, though there was some corruption for a couple minutes here so if there's an odd jump that's the reason why.

Part 1: http://youtu.be/ckown4gTjU0
Part 2: http://youtu.be/Kr6iwn_AOAI
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 09:29 AM
A truly Enjoyable mission. Great maps and an intriging story to go with it. Will be my next featured Federation Foundry mission review on starbaseugc.com .

Kudos!

Duke-of-Rock
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2012, 08:30 PM
I just played it, it was pretty good. I'm working on making a gorn centered mission of my own and I was afraid of clashing plots but luckily there wasn't. For problems noticed: the beggining of the mission was very sudden and I didn't know that the fed prop was supposed to be me for several slides, a little extra dialogue for the intro would get rid of a lot of confusion. No real big glittces. When scanning the dead gorn you had me pull out the klingon tricorder though. Foundry doesn't describe the fact, but the second tricorder scan is klingon. And on the "Run diagnostic" plot point in DJD1012, I didn't understand what I was supposed to do, the sattelite marker was confusing me and I thought that was what I was supposed to scan or whatever. I exited the mission and went back in and everything before I figured out I was supposed to go to the base at the other side of the map, that definetly could of used some more clarity. Also, there was an ensign standing next to Less (or whatever his name was) when you find him, I don't know if she was supposed to be just casually standing in the middle of the chaos like that.
The shuttle launch was a little cheesy, but creative. I do wish we could truely move objects. The story seemed ripe for a sequel as well, any chance?
I thought it was good overall.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2012, 11:17 PM
When it comes to working with what you have, I thought the shuttle launching was pretty awesome. I was playing one of Nagorak's missions and it just has the shuttle kind of sitting there just past the forcefield. Not that his missions aren't amazing, but it would have been cool if when you walked through the door he had it take off.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2012, 11:38 PM
I played through this several days ago. One of my favorite foundry missions, I highly recommend it. I believe it would be enjoyable for anyone whether you prefer story or action, there's a good mix of both.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepython View Post
I just played it, it was pretty good. I'm working on making a gorn centered mission of my own and I was afraid of clashing plots but luckily there wasn't. For problems noticed: the beggining of the mission was very sudden and I didn't know that the fed prop was supposed to be me for several slides, a little extra dialogue for the intro would get rid of a lot of confusion. No real big glittces. When scanning the dead gorn you had me pull out the klingon tricorder though. Foundry doesn't describe the fact, but the second tricorder scan is klingon. And on the "Run diagnostic" plot point in DJD1012, I didn't understand what I was supposed to do, the sattelite marker was confusing me and I thought that was what I was supposed to scan or whatever. I exited the mission and went back in and everything before I figured out I was supposed to go to the base at the other side of the map, that definetly could of used some more clarity. Also, there was an ensign standing next to Less (or whatever his name was) when you find him, I don't know if she was supposed to be just casually standing in the middle of the chaos like that.
The shuttle launch was a little cheesy, but creative. I do wish we could truely move objects. The story seemed ripe for a sequel as well, any chance?
I thought it was good overall.
Unfortunately, we do have to contend with little glitches to make things work. The tricorder thing is odd. It's just an animation. We don't control the type of tricorder used, It's odd that it would be Klingon, though. I've heard others mention that random officer in the hallway. He/she is an "escaped" member of a mob that should be locked in the next room, but it's getting through the wall somehow. That Run Diagnostic? I know exactly where that is and will address it. For some reason the marker shows all wrong. Again, that's a foundry issue. I'll just changed the instruction for clarity. Thanks for the feedback.