Lt. Commander
# 1 Boarding Partys PvP Style
04-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm beting this has been brought up before. If you were able to board another players ship (only during PvP of course) to add alittle twist to the game would you support that. Or on the other hand would that be something you'd like to see added?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2012, 08:26 PM
and stop flying my ship.....for....some lolground?

????????
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
and stop flying my ship.....for....some lolground?

????????
thats the basic idea behind boarding a ship. that way you can capture the captain
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2012, 11:00 PM
The only game that I've seen make ship+boarding combat work was Pirates of the Burning Sea, and there it takes quite a bit longer to down even a stationary ship. Here, ships pop far too fast to make a transition to boarding combat feasible. They would seriously need to reduce the rate at which all ships can be destroyed in order to give enough time for a boarding op to play out without the boarding ship being taken down in the process.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2012, 12:20 AM
This was an idea I was hoping was implemented when the game launched. The defending captain gets to use his bridge officers and crew to defend his ship, while the boarding party uses their captain and bridge officers to assault the enemy ship engineering / bridge, etc.

The two ships that got engaged in this type of combat are made untargetable in space.

If the boarding attack is successful, then the boarded ship is destroyed, if it isn't, then space combat resumes as normal or something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2012, 01:17 AM
lolground in shipbattles destroyed potbs for me. so: noooooo.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
This was an idea I was hoping was implemented when the game launched. The defending captain gets to use his bridge officers and crew to defend his ship, while the boarding party uses their captain and bridge officers to assault the enemy ship engineering / bridge, etc.

The two ships that got engaged in this type of combat are made untargetable in space.

If the boarding attack is successful, then the boarded ship is destroyed, if it isn't, then space combat resumes as normal or something like that.
Yes thats exactully what i had in mind, thats a what imho would make pvp warzones much better.
Thanks for understanding