Lt. Commander
# 1 Riker would have a cow
04-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I know it has not been mentioned in a while, a while back the Devs had mentioned a cool little (or big to me) addition to the ever growing list of improvements where the First Officer would start taking over away missions, in other words, you would have an option to switch between the Captain and his "Number One", what happened to that kind of update, it would basically make my game 99.1% complete in my book, don't get me wrong, I am very appreciative of all they have done to date with the game, but I truly think this update would be key in opening up way more game-play in the Trek universe, I have stuck diligently by my Captain all thru his climb up the ladder as a Tactical guy, I would love to see what my resident pointy ears can do with his science background in dealing with away missions. So what do you say ole might Developers...can you hook a brother up, or at least let us know where we stand??
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Yes, I would like the ability to play away missions as my First Officer or as any of my officers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Change that font please. It is truly Unreadable

And yes, I would like the ability to play away missions as my First Officer or as any of my officers.
omg, glad someone said it

I agree with the op, but that font gave me a headache
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2012, 07:47 PM
But Riker already married ... wait, what does that have to do with the proposed First Officer system?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2012, 07:53 PM
I prefer to think that he would shave his beard in protest.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Sorry over the font, just doing some experimenting... as for the Riker comment f2pdrakron, if you recall, he was forever putting the old man on the bridge by taking the away teams, with what we have now, the Captain has no choice.....hope I laid it out for ya OK...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
I would like the ability to play away missions as my First Officer or as any of my officers.
Me2!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-02-2012, 09:27 PM
I would love to play as my first officer, provided it was some kind of split mission where I got to choose what role I wanted to play. Do I want to stay in my ship as the Captain while my first officer led the away team mission, or do I want to play as my first officer and control the away team while my Captain dealt with the crisis in space? Or vice versa.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-02-2012, 10:25 PM
sign me up for this.... i would love to have the choice to play as my first officer on away missions. I always thought it was very odd we played as our captains in ALL missions considering on the shows the captain rarely went on away missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Or at least i think you should always have a minimum of one Boff available to you when you do a mission. That solo mission in the last FE was a pain on my science officer. And there would have been no way my chief of security would have let his captain, or admiral in this case go out in such a dangerous location without backup.

I did hear the Dstahl regrets putting in Boffs but seriously? the deed is done. dont try to undo it now or people will get pee'd off.