Lt. Commander
Normally everything runs pretty smoothly and load times are never over a minute, but tonight I've been staring at a DS9 load screen for like 10 minutes..

Anyone else having issues or is it just me?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
DS9 is notorious for that. It acts like the game client is waiting for server to transmit data.

If it's stuck I'll just alt tab or minimize back to the desktop and back again. Most of the time it clears up, at other times I kill gameclient.exe and restart STO. I will then be logged in direct to DS9's interior.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Me too
04-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I can fly from one side of the galaxy to the other in minutes, but I've spent all day trying to load DS9... Is it loaded up ques that is causing the wait or is it something about loading DS9 I wonder? I've been trying for a day and a half to get on and I've waited until the point where if I did get on, I'd probably find myself at the "Away from keyboard for too long, try again" screen,,, Guess I'll try one of my other characters not on DS9 and see if that works any better...
Ensign
# 4
07-03-2012, 10:56 AM
gees 10min - u got it lucky - I am looking at 1 hour atm and it is still on 94.46

the first time (over 1 hour) it did "hang" as mentioned above.. no network traffic

I have tried 2x now to get in, and both time there is network traffic continuously for 1 hour

BTW I used to get it this bad with Sol System too.. but about a month ago its load times halved, down to 20-30 min max

EDIT:
just seconds after I posted this it did a screen clear (green-ish graphics) at 94.63, went nuts loading again and conked out at 96.12 again, still network traffic..

I bet you they pass packets of "updated player list" continuously till the map actually loads - these insane load times only happen in areas where there are a lot of people, with maybe the same amount coming and going..

Last edited by warimmortilist; 07-03-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Ensign
# 5
07-03-2012, 11:12 AM
I just wasted almost 3 hrs of my computers life, and my bandwidth, it just hung at 96.18.. zero network traffick..

FSTO thanks
Commander
# 6
07-04-2012, 03:04 AM
i had some issues (mostly related to my hardware) if you have the time to try something go into video troubleshooting and turn on limit gpu/cpu if that helps you please do a facepalm at the coding cryptics done....