Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
You might want to put some sort of timer on officers who have been turned in. I just turned in some uncommon officers and recieved one that I turned in when I did my common officers. It's kind of a bummer getting effectively nothing for my efforts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thylbanus
You might want to put some sort of timer on officers who have been turned in. I just turned in some uncommon officers and recieved one that I turned in when I did my common officers. It's kind of a bummer getting effectively nothing for my efforts.
As I understand it, they're handcrafted - which is to say they're randomly generated from a database. There's a small chance you'll get a repeat as a result (very small, actually, but not nonexistent).
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
As I understand it, they're handcrafted - which is to say they're randomly generated from a database. There's a small chance you'll get a repeat as a result (very small, actually, but not nonexistent).
Even a very small chance is annoying. Considering how many people will use this function, it will happen. Better to be safe than sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2012, 04:42 AM
Yes, I turned in two of the same officer (odd in itself) Just to get that same officer.
Star Trek, the clone wars......

I really would like to see this whole clone thing changed. Here's a thought, how about you can chose a focus for the officer you are looking for at the very least? Turn in any what 5 is it and get one from a specific job set. I'm still not sure I want to have to turn in 5 officers and dil both to get one random officer. Perhaps at common level. Though given just how bad my luck has been with them I think I would rather just dismiss them or trade them.