Lt. Commander
# 1 RP OOC => The Gateway
04-06-2012, 10:00 AM
This is now the OOC - Out of Character thread for "The Gateway" RPG

the In Character thread is Here

A week from today is Friday the 13th, a perfect day to curl up on the couch and watch that classic Horror movie marathon. For this day i want to do something different. A Horror themed Play by Post RP sound like a good time for all.

This is a sign up thread to see if there is any interest in this. I will reveal more of the plot as next Friday looms closer but for now ill give you this tease

You revive orders to investigate a privately funded research facility that has been working on various contracts for Starfleet. However the station has gone dark and you have been ordered to assess the situation and reestablish contact with the science team.

Now some ground rules, due to the rules of the board we will keep it PG-13. Also all skill levels of writing are welcome but each post has to follow two rules. One it must advance the plot in some sense and second must be at least a paragraph. Why a paragraph? it make you think more about what you are doing in the story, and second if writing a paragraph is too much a Forum RP game may not be for you.

I will be happy to help anyone who asks and anyone who wishes to help is welcome as well.

As far as organization is concerned it is up to you as players, one you can be the captain of your own ships in which case your are working as a task force. in this though you must have established NPC's BOFF's that you will post with your BIO

or you may play as members on the same ship. in which case you must agree to how the ship is organized

Any Takers?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Ive got a lot of Open RPs in WoW and such under my belt and it'd be good to see one like that for STO, my question is, if you are going to make people sign up, do you plan on making a template? A template would make selecting things a lot easier.

Also, what restrictions are there going to be (apart from the obvious)? Is there a limit to how many Boffs you can incorporate in certain scenarios (to avoid people bringing armies with them) etc etc? If you can get something like that I'd be pretty interested.

I'd be playing on my own ship, but I would have no objection to other people playing different roles on the same ship, or even someone wanting to take a position on my ship, but you have to clear it with me first as my Boffs take a lot of important positions and I'd prefer to not have them overwritten.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
what restrictions are there going to be (apart from the obvious)? Is there a limit to how many Boffs you can incorporate in certain scenarios (to avoid people bringing armies with them) etc etc? If you can get something like that I'd be pretty interested.
id say the MAX would be 7, the postings on your ship would be

Captain <=you
First Officer
Chief Engineer
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Science Officer
Chief of Security/Chief Tactical Officer
Operations Officer
Universal (Helm, Consular, Guest Official)

Quote:
Ive got a lot of Open RPs in WoW and such under my belt and it'd be good to see one like that for STO, my question is, if you are going to make people sign up, do you plan on making a template? A template would make selecting things a lot easier.
The only template that I can think of is that one would have to be a Starfleet Officer

Rank<=Captain
Name<=
Speices<=
Phycial<=
Characteristics<=

Ship Name<=
Class<=
Brief Tech layout<=

BOFF's

Name<=
Rank/Posting<=
Species <=
Physical<=
Characteristics<=

Do note that your BOFF must be described in your BIO, and i would like to see at least two traits that they are known for and one negative trait they are know for. after all with out a little dysfunction what fun is there lol

Quote:
I'd be playing on my own ship, but I would have no objection to other people playing different roles on the same ship, or even someone wanting to take a position on my ship, but you have to clear it with me first as my Boffs take a lot of important positions and I'd prefer to not have them overwritten.
Well have to be careful of god-modding but NPC's are kind of a gray area. you cant directly control another Players NPC's, least with out permission in the Out of Character thread. but you can use them in minor ways so long as its in a limited capacity

I myself will, as the GM, Make a number of NPC that you the players will be free to use at your will.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Count me in.

This is a rare opportunity for me to exercise some unused literacy interests that I've been yearning to unleash for a very long time now.

Despite collaborative writing efforts being few and far between (outside of formal Literacy Challenges or private RP guilds) I've been penning down my character's thoughts for several months now as she interacts with and progresses in the STO world and its worldwide playerbase.

The character bio below is slightly outdated as it doesn't have a narrative covering STF lore yet but that's in the works too.

Character Background - Fredegonde Valmy (Updated as at Mar 2012)
Omega Force Academy Introductions (STF Lore used to teach new players and Fleets on STF competencies and backstory).

I also produce video logs as per my signature.

That said I have a habit of playing only one toon and developing her to the maximum possible - in this case it's up to your discretion if my style and writing interests (notice a lot of RL naval jargon tossed in) suit your storyline.

As for godmodding you will see no such nonsense from me. I'm a rather submissive personality and I am happy to follow competent leadership.

I only get riled when there's any sort of inactivity or not being communicated to (which affects mission completion - I don't like silence!)
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Count me in.
Character Background - Fredegonde Valmy (Updated as at Mar 2012)
Omega Force Academy Introductions (STF Lore used to teach new players and Fleets on STF competencies and backstory).
welcome
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2012, 07:56 PM
I would like to start this Friday afternoon. please don't feel intimidated. its a lot of fun.
Tease #2

Priority one message form Starfleet Command.

Admiral QuIn: I wish that it were under a better condition that I am contacting you. However Starfleet finds itself needing skilled officers to form a task force to investigate research facility Harmony Station. It is operated by a conglomeration of corporations that pool there resources to advance technologies for the Federation. At present there is a Starfleet sanctioned think-tank working on the Undine problem. Sorry that I can not go into further details but it is highly classified. 12 hours ago Harmony Station went dark and we have lost all contact with the scientist inside.

Your current orders are to proceed to Harmony Station in the Risa Sector and reestablish, and if necessary regain control of the faculty.

A detailed listing of the Stations layout and last know status will be messaged to you upon arrival. Admiral Quin out.