Lt. Commander
# 1 More Doff missions.
04-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Ok, I'm sure this has been posted before but I just cant find it.

With the ability to have up to 400 doffs now, would it be possible to have more than 20 assignment slots? Currently I have 150+ Doffs and with all 20 slots used, I'm only using about 50 (or 1/3rd) of my available Doffs.

I know this may sound strange but I find the Doff assignment planning quite relaxing. Figuring out which assignment to do, which Doff I should send and then see the results of my choices. I like this better than taking my ship into battle.

My suggestion would be 20 slots for each 100 doff slots. So if you are a F2P person with 100 doff slots, you get 20 assignments. If you buy an additional 100 doff slots you get 40 assignments. If you buy 200 extra you get 60 and if you top off with all 400 you get 80 slots.

Now I'd actually like to see even more but I would think this would make a good "advance" to what we have now.

Thanks for reading.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2012, 10:28 PM
That would be a lot of assignments. But I agree with you that there should be some bonus to having more DOFFs. Otherwise, what's the point of having them? Maybe an extra five or ten assignments at a time, plus an extra active duty slot in both categories per every additional hundred DOFFs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2012, 08:39 AM
It has been mentioned MANY MANY times by Heretic that it is HIGHLY unlikely (in fact nearly guaranteed not to happen) that the number of missions will ever be increased due to balancing issues.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treaen
That would be a lot of assignments. But I agree with you that there should be some bonus to having more DOFFs. Otherwise, what's the point of having them?
The point is that you'll have a much greater variety of specialization and trait combinations in your doff pool. With only 100 doffs I felt pretty limited in the range of assignments that I could get high success rates on, but now that I have 200, I can get a pretty good crit chance on pretty much any assignment I find.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2012, 09:34 AM
The dilithium issue would pop up if had more than 20.

Dil is pretty easy to make with DOff's, and if you could run 30? 40? 50? missions, you'd be making a vast amount with relatively little effort.
Lt. Commander
I actually think it would make more sense to limit the number of assignments for lower ranks. Start with 5, then up it by 3 assignments each promotion. That starts you off with 5 at Lt., then you hit 20 at RAUH.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moronwmachinegun
I actually think it would make more sense to limit the number of assignments for lower ranks. Start with 5, then up it by 3 assignments each promotion. That starts you off with 5 at Lt., then you hit 20 at RAUH.
Yeah, I thiink they should have done something llike this myself, but at this point, it would just be seen as a major nerf - and it also probably nets them Doff pack sales as the real limiting factor in doing Doff missions is the number and type of Doffs you have; and when you first unlock the system you don't have many.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
That actually makes sense to me. I'm not sure it would happen though as Heretic stated in his STOked interview that he knows people use DOFFing to level up (for instance you have already played all the missions through several times and are starting a new alt and don't want to have to do the same missions again) and that it is intended to allow you to do that if you want.
Lt. Commander
# 9 cotton-candy levelling
04-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah, but levelling up that way leaves you with a very brittle character, unless you can outfit it from items from the rest of your fleet. Your weapons etc would be woefully inadequate for doing missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Yeah, but levelling up that way leaves you with a very brittle character, unless you can outfit it from items from the rest of your fleet. Your weapons etc would be woefully inadequate for doing missions.
I didn't say it was optimal, but I see the draw to those that level multiple alts. (and I figure, if you are running STFs or whatnot with your main you would get enough drops or ECs to at least get your alts decent gear at VA, though not the best probably)