Lt. Commander
# 1 Ambassador Class?
04-10-2012, 06:49 AM
When will we see the Ambassador class in the game. Each time cryptic is saying we are working on it. But also each time the date of releasing the class is put ahold. So i hope the devs read this and that we get a awnser.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Might get an answer.....
04-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkamp
When will we see the Ambassador class in the game. Each time cryptic is saying we are working on it. But also each time the date of releasing the class is put ahold. So i hope the devs read this and that we get a awnser.
On the next episode of STOked they will be interviewing Cryptic ship designer JamJamz. Hopefully, we'll get an answer on the Ambassador status then.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
The answer concerning the Ambassador Class has finally been revealed. Dan Stahl (in his latest interview) for "Inside Star Trek Magazine", mentioned many possible future plans for the game.

One of them being, at some point, The Devs may create content centering around the events of "Yesterday's Enterprise". He went on to add that nothing has been planned at this point; only discussed.

So, that answers the question for players who had anticipated seeing the Ambassador Class in-game 2012.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman
One of them being, at some point, The Devs may create content centering around the events of "Yesterday's Enterprise". He went on to add that nothing has been planned at this point; only discussed.
Translated: Season Seven (2013) since Cryptic is likely to do only two Featured Episodes (FEs) per year -- and we've had "The 2800" FE series, plus the forthcoming Season Six FE (likely June 2012) with the Tholians.

I imagine Cryptic will release the Ambassador-class starship when it coincides with the possible "Yesterday's Enterprise" sequel FE.

Why am I confident about a sequel YE FE happening? Because the voice actor for Obisek (Reman) recently did work at Cryptic. Maybe we'll see some Romulan/Reman stories in the upcoming season. Or maybe Cryptic is looking ahead to Season Seven...

On a side note: Believe me, I want that Ambassador-class ship NOW.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucana
Translated: On a side note: Believe me, I want that Ambassador-class ship NOW.
Yep I can concur with that
Heck we should have a shipyard with hundreds of different ships! No really !
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman
The answer concerning the Ambassador Class has finally been revealed. Dan Stahl (in his latest interview) for "Inside Star Trek Magazine", mentioned many possible future plans for the game.

So, that answers the question for players who had anticipated seeing the Ambassador Class in-game 2012.
He made the same statement ages ago. The real reason for no Ambassador class is that itīs not cool and the devs in charge of making ships donīt like it. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
He made the same statement ages ago. The real reason for no Ambassador class is that itīs not cool and the devs in charge of making ships donīt like it. :p
So in other words: NEVER are we gonna see the Ambassador Class in the game.

But how i see it! We are the costumer, becouse we play the game. And cryptic is only making the game. And the costumer is the King.

So Captain Logan: Put the Ambassador Class in the Game please. We have wait almost 2 years for it and we think it is time to introduce her.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-13-2012, 11:15 PM
As I had posted in a thrread over a year ago, I think the Ambassador should be added as an additional Galaxy exploration curiser skin. Then players can fly around in one, and the Devs can add a popular ship without creating a special separate ship. Win-Win as I see it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
As I had posted in a thrread over a year ago, I think the Ambassador should be added as an additional Galaxy exploration curiser skin. Then players can fly around in one, and the Devs can add a popular ship without creating a special separate ship. Win-Win as I see it.
No not as a Galaxy variant, the Ambassador is smaller than the Galaxy, so if you do that. than it isn't cannon annymore. The Ambassador comes after the Excelsior Class and bofore the Galaxy. And that's how it must be in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
So in other words: NEVER are we gonna see the Ambassador Class in the game.

But how i see it! We are the costumer, becouse we play the game. And cryptic is only making the game. And the costumer is the King.

So Captain Logan: Put the Ambassador Class in the Game please. We have wait almost 2 years for it and we think it is time to introduce her.
The customer is always right...unless you are Cryptic/PW