Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Lt. Commander
This is an annoying issue - but I cannot remove my duty officers from active duty. Clicking the "Remove from Active Duty" button does nothing, and double-clicking on the DO has the same result (nothing). This is true for both space and ground. I've tried hitting the button to remove them and logging out, with no success. I've tried selecting different officers - same thing.

I can sorta "replace" one of my DOs, but it will only allow me to change the DO that was last placed on active duty, effectively locking in 4 of my duty officers permanently. Is this a problem for anyone else?

Edit: As per the comments below, I tried the drag-and-drop method. It works! Appropriately, I downgraded the bug from Critical to Really Annoying. Sadly, the two more obvious interactions (clicking the huge glowing button and double-clicking) still will not work. I really suggest Crypic get their UI people to fix this, as I can't be the only one this is happening to and its likely to be very frustrating to users who don't read the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Is your roster full? I think Active Duty officers don't count against your limit, so you can't remove them if your roster is full.

Fortunately, you can always use drag and drop to swap an Active Duty officer with a Reserve officer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Active doffs do count against your total - they show with a special icon over them in your list. The remove button seems to assume they don't, though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Active doffs do count against your total - they show with a special icon over them in your list. The remove button seems to assume they don't, though.
They do not count against your total. You'll notice when you assign a DOFF to Space or Ground your total DOFFs goes down.

So when you try to remove a DOFF, if you're at max capacity, you'll be unable to because you have no room. Removing the DOFF would take you over max capacity.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
They do not count against your total. You'll notice when you assign a DOFF to Space or Ground your total DOFFs goes down.

So when you try to remove a DOFF, if you're at max capacity, you'll be unable to because you have no room. Removing the DOFF would take you over max capacity.
That really doesn't seem very intuitive. If I have space for 100 duty officer (or however many), the logical person would expect that those on active duty are still part of the total listed on the roster. Making them not count (so they're a secret +10 capacity) is just poor design IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainstewart View Post
That really doesn't seem very intuitive. If I have space for 100 duty officer (or however many), the logical person would expect that those on active duty are still part of the total listed on the roster. Making them not count (so they're a secret +10 capacity) is just poor design IMO.
Whether or not its intuitive, its true.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-11-2012, 10:22 AM
I see it as nothing more than an inconvenience when moving Doffs around. The solution - never have more than 100 (in total) Doffs, meaning if you have 5 active in ground and 5 active in space, u should have 90 in your roster