Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
While the consoles on these ships allow access to all officers in one place on the bridge, they only allow

ONE

person to use them at at a time.

This causes problems when you want to share assignments with other players; they will have to form a line and you have to tell people to get their assignment and leave the console so that others can use it.
(This is also true for consoles on other ships, like the Tac/Diplomatic console in the ReadY Room.)

The usual shipboard officers for Doffing don't have this limitation: Everyone can use them at the same time.

My suggestion is to make these consoles act like the DOFF officers in engineering or elsewhere so that everyone can use them simultaneously.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Confirmed seen this happening on Galor and Jem Hadar Ships.

it's the Winter Event Race Start NPC all over again....
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 11:30 AM
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120415/yez5y8mc.jpg

There are still people beaming in. Then they wonder why they can't use the console. Then you have to taser and airlock people. I had to hire Nausicaan mercenaries to keep things in order.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Did seem a bit odd to me, that a bit of machinery can only be used by 1 person at a time, but our crew can be man-handled by 50+ at once
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-16-2012, 02:55 PM
I'd have to agree with Longasc and others regarding this issue of using the console on board these ships one at a time. It's not the best.

Just seems a little odd when in other like settings with communal items that there is no such hindrance.

Can you imagine if the exchange consoles in DS9, Earth Space Dock, DS7 etc were like that?

Obviously doesn't prevent the social aspect Cryptic is looking to promote re: Duty Officer system but it certainly adds an annoyance to it.

I've visited the D'Kora and although small, I love how it's got it's own exchange, mail, bank and even a dabo table with accompanying Leeta!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Sometimes when a bunch of people are waiting for the console they throw a crazy rave party

http://i.imgur.com/fUZBo.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechillum
Lol, too funny and true. It is a small bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty
Sometimes when a bunch of people are waiting for the console they throw a crazy rave party

http://i.imgur.com/fUZBo.jpg
Another minor quibble: The bridge is not tagged as a "social" zone. So, if you use the Shard to make duplicates of yourself, they stand ready to fire instead of dance along with the rest of the rave party.