Lt. Commander
Like the Thread Title suggests, I am trying to figure out whether MACO or Omega Starship Equipment (Deflector, Engines, Shields) works best for an Odyssey Tactical Cruiser.

I don't have such a cruiser yet (waiting for the character who is going to command one to reach 50), but I want to know which set is best ahead of time so I don't waste time getting the wrong equipment.

I look forward to hearing what everyone's response is.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Maco, I don't see any benefit of omega on a cruiser. Besides maco has the neat warpfield effect
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2012, 07:13 PM
MACO. Omega is only really helpful if your ship is already fast and high rate-of-fire, and you want to further emphasize those traits. On a cruiser or sci ship, the Omega bonuses don't amount to much, whereas MACO makes you even tankier, and faster in sector space besides.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoellefeuer
Maco, I don't see any benefit of omega on a cruiser. Besides maco has the neat warpfield effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
MACO. Omega is only really helpful if your ship is already fast and high rate-of-fire, and you want to further emphasize those traits. On a cruiser or sci ship, the Omega bonuses don't amount to much, whereas MACO makes you even tankier, and faster in sector space besides.
Thanks.

MACO it is, then.