Lt. Commander
# 1 how to set up a shuttle?
04-20-2012, 01:47 PM
how should i go about properly setting up a non c store shuttle? what boff is best to have on the ensign station? a tac for tac team? and what set for shileds deflectors and such and what weapons? like i dont even know if you can put normal stuff onto a shuttle so this is why im asking
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2012, 02:08 PM
A shuttlecraft can mount all your normal starship components, so there's no real reason to stick to the Standard Issue-S components, except if you really like that 360' phaser bank.

If you're looking at the Type-8, go ahead and sink the credits into the Danube Runabout. You'll get better hull and shields and additional console slots.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2012, 02:18 PM
I've had good results with 4x borg on the shuttle as the regenerative shield is useful without all the shield heals on a full ship

1x MK XII Beam array 1x forward weapon (DBB or Torpedo) seems to be good, Hargh'Pengs or Quantums are nice here
Assimilated Module
Field Generator
Damage console for your beam array

Doffs: 2-3x shield distribution, 1x tractor beam, 2x projectile if using torpedos

This gives you good number of personal heals so you can use an offensive boff for BFaW, or spread. Use your tractor beams to slow down targets for easy crits and some shield damage, and its really helpful on the defender at the end. Be a Sci captain for that too
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtbob
I've had good results with 4x borg on the shuttle as the regenerative shield is useful without all the shield heals on a full ship

1x MK XII Beam array 1x forward weapon (DBB or Torpedo) seems to be good, Hargh'Pengs or Quantums are nice here
Assimilated Module
Field Generator
Damage console for your beam array

Doffs: 2-3x shield distribution, 1x tractor beam, 2x projectile if using torpedos

This gives you good number of personal heals so you can use an offensive boff for BFaW, or spread. Use your tractor beams to slow down targets for easy crits and some shield damage, and its really helpful on the defender at the end. Be a Sci captain for that too
alright ill prob stick on two dbb or something, most likely have a tac team or a beam overload and go with an aegis set and some damage consoles and see how things work out and tweak it from there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2012, 03:29 PM
2*DBB are good. FAW can de used if you fight small targets (awesome to kill swarmers in operation gamma).
Theta radiation console works great.
Equipment - 3*borg + maco shield.
I am also thinking about tricobalt, it can oneshot most targets meant to be killed by shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaemon View Post
2*DBB are good. FAW can de used if you fight small targets (awesome to kill swarmers in operation gamma).
Point Defense Console actually works much better against the swarmers or any small targets really.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Point Defense Console actually works much better against the swarmers or any small targets really.
But you have to buy it from c-store...
Lt. Commander
# 8 Torpedoes on small craft
04-26-2012, 11:07 PM
This is the thing I wonder about. As I remember from the TV shows and movies, torpedoes are like coffins with the size of a man. They are launched from some kind of rail system. Can you have all that on a small craft like a fighter or a shuttle?

Don't get me wrong. I love it that we have these small crafts and I have several of them myself, well, my characters do have, but the first thing I do after purchase, is removing the torps. For me it is beams on shuttles and cannons on fighters.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel
This is the thing I wonder about. As I remember from the TV shows and movies, torpedoes are like coffins with the size of a man. They are launched from some kind of rail system. Can you have all that on a small craft like a fighter or a shuttle?

Don't get me wrong. I love it that we have these small crafts and I have several of them myself, well, my characters do have, but the first thing I do after purchase, is removing the torps. For me it is beams on shuttles and cannons on fighters.
IMO ALL equipment ment for full size ship must be restricted on shuttle. It seems that just shield generator of large ship will be bigger than the shuttle itself.
There should be special equipment (those with "-S") and way to get it. There may be torps, but they must be much smaller with damage reduced proportionaly to size...
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel

Runabouts and the Delta Flyer were both show firing torpedoes in the shows.