Lt. Commander
KDF players usually are swimming in prisoners from the various maurader missions. Each of the exisitng KDF missions to use these prisoners can take a long time in comparison with missions that grant prisoners. Forced labor camps take 8 hours to clear 4 prisoners, Forced labor requisitions take 4 hours to clear 3 prisoners, orion slavers takes 8 hours to clear 3 prisoners. In the meantime those prisoners are taking up slots and preventing the completion of prisoner granting missions requiring you to sell or mail prisoners to make room.

What is needed is a quick prisoner elimination like the feds have on ESD where 2 prisoners can be removed in only 1 hour for a modest xp gain. Stack it with the contraband and tribble mission if you like or provide some other outlet for prisoner usage if you could. I hate being forced to waste prisoner because my birg is full (and I am sure the prisoners don't appreicate being chucked out an airlock).
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-23-2012, 06:07 AM
You could just manage your prisoners better.

Either by starting the existing methods whilst conducting the various missions that can bring in missions.

Personally I go by an ad hoc number in 10. If my prisoner count goes above that, I start punting out prisoners to those various assignments.

Worst comes to the worst, store some prisoners in the mail until such time you can reintegrate them back into your brig.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-23-2012, 06:09 AM
I agree that it would be nice to have a Prisoner type mission available on Klingon Space Stations much akin to the contraband mission and prisoner missions that Fed players have.

When I get too many prisoners, I execute them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-23-2012, 02:56 PM
the daily "selling" of prisoners is awesome. You just need to find it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
I agree that it would be nice to have a Prisoner type mission available on Klingon Space Stations much akin to the contraband mission and prisoner missions that Fed players have.
I have a new one in the pipeline like this. It takes ten prisoners and returns Dilithium Ore.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I have a new one in the pipeline like this. It takes ten prisoners and returns Dilithium Ore.
The main toon I use for doff system these days has marauding at Tier or Rank 4 but I'm finding it hard to even find prisoner reward missions these days although at one point I had to keep putting them in the mail to keep up with them all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM
thechillum, I do try to manage them, but if the missions lineup, they are still going to be coming in faster than you can dispose of them. You crit a unauthorized colony, that can be 5 more prisoners, freighters can be 3, and the disposal missions generally can take more time to clear them all out (assuming you can find them as you generally can on DH or in sectors). Artificial methods such as mailing or parking them on the market are available, but then you have to make your way to an exchange/mail terminal. That being said, I thought I would suggest a slightly quicker removal method that is always available like the Feds have.

Thats good to hear, Heretic. It would be nice to have although if it is a long duration, it might not solve the difficulty of overcapacity brigs as if the missions lineup, you can get quite a few prisoners in a hurry.. A short term duration one that is always available like the Feds would also be nice to clear space when a fat vulnerable freighter catches your eye so you don't have to space them or head back to base to clear the message by dealing with prisoners through other means.

The other possible suggestion would be larger brigs for the Klingons but that would seem to take more work than simply adding a mission
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
One has to wonder. With the KDF taking so many prisoners, how does the Federation keep Starfleet ranks filled?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
One has to wonder. With the KDF taking so many prisoners, how does the Federation keep Starfleet ranks filled?
Not all prisoners are Starfleet officers, especially if you got them from raiding a freighter, colony, or mining camp.