Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Extend Shields III
04-23-2012, 10:31 PM
So I'm a Science Captain, wanting to get into a cruiser, but my main engineer bridge officer is without extend shields III and untradable.

So looking through a few thousand Bridge officers has made me come to the conclusion that Aceton beam III is far too common, and Extend Shields III doesnt exist at all... anyweres..

So only Engineer captains can train this? Why is there not some trade window option to get training for someone for energy credits? Yes I know that wow or something had something like this, but still. A feature that would allow us to train peoples officers more securely would be a much better solution anyways. This way you wouldnt be able to trade them and you'd still have to go track someone down to do the training anyways.

Think that would be a win win.. but for now I guess I have to find some other way to deal with this issue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Accounts are free now,so start up a silver, and use the doff system to level it up if you don't feel like playing. You'll need to get it to captain in order to be able to trade commander level boffs back and forth. In my case I've got VA's of all 3 types and I'm able to train all my non bound boffs securely and easily now. Sure you can't train a bound boff, but nothing stops you from having more boffs to swap in or out. The training without trading is something that has been wanted since the beginning but I don't think it will happen, so doing it the way I did is the only secure option.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Or ask people nicely to train a Boff for you. I did it a few times, noone ran with it. An if they did? So what. They cost pennies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-24-2012, 09:15 AM
One of the great things about being in a fleet. Ask in ESD in zone chat, sometimes it works, i have done it before.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post
One of the great things about being in a fleet. Ask in ESD in zone chat, sometimes it works, i have done it before.
key word in the op's post was securely, any time you have to hand something to someone else, it isn't secure. That's why we need a training UI.

I won't train anyone else's boffs myself due to a bad experience years back in EQ. I was asked to help someone trade items to an alt, and after getting the items I went linkdead. if folks remember how EQ was on linkdeath your character sometimes stayed in game for long time, and it took 25 mins or so for me to time out. By the time I got back in people I know were flooding me with tells asking what was going on.. The guy I was helping do the trade was flooding zone chats with what a thief I was and how I had stolen his gear.. mind you I was a 65 or 70 raider at the time and he was a lvl 20 or so and nothing he had was of any value to me. I gave him back his stuff once I got hold of him and never again have I bothered touching anyone elses stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Of course no amount of friends or alternate accounts helps if the BOFF in question is untradeable.

Aside; if ya set up multiple accounts, how are you logging in with both at once? A second computer, or can STO be toned down enough to run in a virtual machine?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Accounts are free now,so start up a silver, and use the doff system to level it up if you don't feel like playing. You'll need to get it to captain in order to be able to trade commander level boffs back and forth. In my case I've got VA's of all 3 types and I'm able to train all my non bound boffs securely and easily now. Sure you can't train a bound boff, but nothing stops you from having more boffs to swap in or out. The training without trading is something that has been wanted since the beginning but I don't think it will happen, so doing it the way I did is the only secure option.
This would have been fine and dandy.. But 800 day veterancy reward that I already have.. and the Lifetime membership... all the accolades.. and you know.. Borg Engineering Bridge officer being not trade-able.

Making another officer which I can allready make like 4 more on my account.. would make no sense at all, Let alone making an entirely different account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daidarabotchi
Or ask people nicely to train a Boff for you. I did it a few times, noone ran with it. An if they did? So what. They cost pennies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post
One of the great things about being in a fleet. Ask in ESD in zone chat, sometimes it works, i have done it before.
And I quote ... yes Myself (from my first post, highlighted for you)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daya
...a Science Captain.... my main engineer bridge officer ...untradable.
Not Tradable Bridge Officer - EG Bound to me only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
key word in the op's post was securely, any time you have to hand something to someone else, it isn't secure. That's why we need a training UI.
Yes this was the point. To be able to trade the ability to train a single officer that is not tradable or a more secure way of training other peoples BOFFS without having to remove all the items or give them to a potentially unwanted person.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
Of course no amount of friends or alternate accounts helps if the BOFF in question is untradeable.

Aside; if ya set up multiple accounts, how are you logging in with both at once? A second computer, or can STO be toned down enough to run in a virtual machine?
Want to give.. you a Cookie... Your too far away. Here have this instead @


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
Buy the cheapest boff off the exchange and ask someone for a train..... the good thing about space is traits other than efficient are pretty much useless...

If they run with it.. what do they get? lol
didnt read this did you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daya
....a few thousand Bridge Officers ...Extend Shields III doesnt exist at all... anyweres..

.. only Engineer captains can train this.


KK Sorry about all that.. People not reading just gets Irritating after awhile.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daya
This would have been fine and dandy.. But 800 day veterancy reward that I already have.. and the Lifetime membership... all the accolades.. and you know.. Borg Engineering Bridge officer being not trade-able.

Making another officer which I can allready make like 4 more on my account.. would make no sense at all, Let alone making an entirely different account
.:p I didn't say stop using the account you have, I told you what I did that works for training my non bound boffs. 95% of the exp for the character I made on the other account was doffing. Log in now and again, use an exp bonus, and in no time you have a means of training all your tradeable boffs whenever you want without giving them to someone else if you already have a va of all 3 types.. That's the only secure option until we get a training ui, if we ever do. I even mentioned it not working for bound boffs in what you quoted and suggested getting other boffs to swap in and out.

If you don't want to do it like that then your only other option is to "Give them to a potentially unwanted person." as you said. In the meantime I did what you say makes no sense, and train my own tradeable boffs at my leisure
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-27-2012, 11:52 PM
The issue is that Cryptic wants certain very rare bridge officers that you get from events to be not a trade-able officer.

These officers are the Borg science officer, Borg engineer officer, Reman bridge officer, Android bridge Officer, and the Breen Bridge officers. Theres likely more to come as well.

The idea is that we need a secure system in which others can train these officers for people. Perhaps for a price even that they can set. Without have to actually get ahold of the officer in question.

This means a seperate window thats NOT a trade window but one that comes up and you can put your officer in it or pick from a list or something. And then they would see this Officers skills and a list of ones they can train it in. Or perhaps just simpler then that, just between the two players a list of officers that can be trained and then the powers the other person can train. And then it would only have to come up with a simple little window asking them if they would be able to.


The main issue here that everyone is forgetting. Not all bridge officers can be easily given to someone else because they can get bound to your person like a bind on pick up / equip item. The same for Duty officers that are Unique.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-28-2012, 02:57 AM
If someone wants a can train there boffs with my Klingon in EPtE3, EPtS3, EPtW3, DEM3 and Extend Shields III. No charge.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:07 PM.